Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 937 46
- Filing amended tax return 74 1
- Tier One Tribunal 168 11
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 575 12
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 817 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 116 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 93 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 253 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 142 2
- Another transfer of property 143 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 218 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 125 1
- LEL and PAYE registration 112 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 188 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 188 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 564 14
- SA316s 227 3
- Swiching tax 553 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 542 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 403 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 613
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 596
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 358
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 296
- Using the correct forms 269
- RTI - duplicate employee record 265
- SA penalty proposals 259
- Accelerated payment notices 239
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235