Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 871 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 213 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 119 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 249 7
- New Email Extensions 121 1
- SA302 195 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 107 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,077 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 264 2
- Dental practice incorpration 122 1
- Audit rules 159 4
- Go Cardless 272 8
- business entertaining deductibility 142 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 162 2
- R & D 107 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 88 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 182 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 161 1
- New Business Registration 221 5
- Hosted email exchange 141 4
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 282
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 152