Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 47 3
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 61 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 227 6
- Companies House 275 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 62 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 93 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 314 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 94 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 202 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 660 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 644 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 127 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 659 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 470 5
- SA tax assessments 165 2
- Director self assessment 401 16
- Sage Import Data 173 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 235 2
- Dividend Vouchers 277 4
- Engagement letter 201 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 425
- CTA study material 390
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 287
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 266
- Pre incorp expenses 239
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 209
- Slight twist on employment related securities 194
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 141
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 138