Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 184 3
- Strike off 271 8
- Company investment 192 6
- When to register or not for PAYE 343 6
- Opening Balances with very little info... 151 3
- How to account for investment in JV? 188 1
- Strike off after accounts submitted 109 1
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 309 4
- What is your favourite font? 413 11
- CGT on Let Property 378 7
- Franchise affiliations 149 1
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 129 1
- Gift to son by parents 373 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,219 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 188 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 477 7
- New CASC rules 186 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 280 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 161 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 270 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 345
- Any thoughts on Capium? 300
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 275
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 242
- auto enrolment 218
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 196
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 169
- French ConnectionUK 150