Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 146 3
- Company formation and bank account 268 8
- Next Move 520 13
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 655 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,542 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 543 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 395 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 199 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 394 8
- OneNote is fantastic 496 11
- VAT Direct Debit 359 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 442 8
- Self Assessment Software 686 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 436 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,357 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 266 11
- Owning overseas property 251 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 361 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 696 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 656
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 391
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 278
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 238
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230