Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 429 13
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 130 3
- Time limit 110 2
- What is the role of an accountant? 601 16
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,565 391
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 493 12
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 124 2
- EOQ Formula 40 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,347 26
- P11D Query 204 7
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 202 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 124 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 149 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 263 13
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 197 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,289 24
- 100% Xero practice 2,300 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 162 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 198 6
- Scottish but not UK 350 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,223
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 434
- National Insurance 334
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 256
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 253
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 252
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 159
- Hands on experience of Digita 156