Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 324 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 188 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,168 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,844 60
- Legal title not in the company name 803 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 355 4
- Opening Balances 213 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 594 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 132 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 99 1
- This is getting boring 628 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 271 7
- pension paid by company? 130 3
- inheritance tax 434 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 356 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 233 4
- State pension 306 3
- Accountancy Career 152 1
- CIC Company 661 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,827 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 274
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224