Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 68 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 408 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,771 71
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 162 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 687 11
- Which software for practice books? 540 20
- Related Parties Note 650 10
- Dazed & confused 356 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 113 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 145 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 318 7
- trading or dormant 243 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 188 6
- Payroll Liabilities 106 2
- SAGE con 304 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 138 4
- Charity reserves 258 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 151 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,680 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 338 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,048
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 372
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 281
- Charge out rates in London? 222
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 192
- Interest on Loan to a Company 179
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 156
- Agent fees to sell business 149