Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Reversing out RTI 46 3
- Capital Gain? 386 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 263 6
- BrightPay 598 18
- Classic cars investment 229 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 189 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 312 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 297 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 809 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 236 2
- H&W company 198 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 169 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 163 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 271 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 127 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 798 32
- VAT silly question 2,393 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,085 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 430
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 409
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 207
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184