Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- How much to charge for payroll? 683 15
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 79 3
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 227 4
- See you all on the other side 177 5
- When do we qualify for state pension? 64 1
- VATABLE Income 167 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 88 2
- Seeking a tax case 188 7
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 238 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 381 6
- P11D software 63 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 436 9
- VAT - business splitting 224 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 577 16
- BTC vs Digita 937 28
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 398 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 942 16
- Jersey - VAT 104 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 293 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 125 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 348
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 240
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185