Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- You cannot be Serious!!! 132 1
- Top slicing relief question 206 2
- Valuation of PET on death 61 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 198 6
- Share swap 275 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 61 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 86 2
- Online filing 116 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 313 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 118 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,650 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 86 2
- Converting a barn for business use 72 1
- Was I rude 671 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 208 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 98 2
- Joint rental income 99 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 315 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 132 4
- Auto enrolment 378 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 382
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 275
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 181