Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Member meet up 1 October in London 318 8
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 174 7
- Identify cost savings 202 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 430 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 108 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 96 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 129 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 588 11
- are these allowable deductions? 122 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,657 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 568 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 81 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 136 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 418 7
- Schedule A losses 151 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 197 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 833 1
- Fees 790 8
- P11D & tax return 288 10
- Freelance/Employee 931 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 333
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 215
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 204
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 161