Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- is this fraud? 391 8
- Question regarding gym training 103 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 137 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 492 9
- Directors Subsistence 341 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,049 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 560 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 182 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 408 9
- R&D tax credit claim 149 4
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 363 5
- New company - form a group? 83 1
- Not a good start no broadband 215 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 126 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 335 2
- Incorporation Relief 296 6
- Penalty suspension 165 2
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 342 7
- Corporate shareholder question 229 4
- Bartercard 321 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 563
- Cancelled 337
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 277
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 223
- CIS Deductions 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 156