Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 106 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 127 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 314 6
- CGT history of shares 164 3
- CGT on sale of let property 90 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 145 2
- how do i get UTR 111 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 74 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 223 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 353 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 111 1
- Your comments please 292 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 175 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 107 2
- EIS 191 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 107 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 109 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 106 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 715 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 198 1
- Moving away from CCH software 964
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 375
- fraud 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 273
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 219
- Out of time or not? 202