Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,618 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 81 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 70 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 234 6
- Companies House 281 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 95 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 96 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 325 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 104 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 208 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 136 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 667 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 483 5
- Director self assessment 405 16
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Sage Import Data 177 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 240 2
- Dividend Vouchers 285 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 431
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 242
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 196
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 143
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 141