Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Classic cars investment 221 7
- Reversing out RTI 17 2
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 181 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 303 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 284 7
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 252 5
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 253 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 799 21
- BrightPay 587 17
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 227 2
- H&W company 184 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 153 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 161 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 267 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 109 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 789 32
- VAT silly question 2,386 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,081 10
- Federation Accounts 362 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 542 8
- Benchmarking 488
- Possible Partnership? 430
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 407
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 407
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 207
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 204
- Clubs and Taxable Income 189
- Income tax on foreign dividends 188
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 183