Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Swiching tax 457 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 211 4
- Generic notification message 219 4
- Mortgage Adviser's request 297 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 758 37
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,127 18
- Basis periods 41 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 66 2
- CGT on spouse's death 279 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 467 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 69 2
- Starting Again 276 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 639 19
- CT101 Completion 135 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 149 2
- P11D Software 780 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 205 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 274 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 396 10
- Payroll software 191 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 582
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 382
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 252
- RTI - duplicate employee record 245
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 220