Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Excel Instances 48 1
- Just for fun. 834 28
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 86 6
- How to pay national insurance 537 17
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,730 13
- Spam blocking 469 28
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 166 2
- Are solicitors worth the money? 1,336 13
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 209 8
- A little silliness 275 3
- Is interest still due? 62 1
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 337 2
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 138 2
- Ex-gratia payments 282 6
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 125 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 357 6
- HMRC & daft penalty 621 6
- TOMS - the other side of the fence 137 2
- &^$%ing Mollom? 240 2
- Employment status 279 4
- Theatre Tax Relief 491
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 383
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 348
- Perkbox 315
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 310
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 274
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 271
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 237