Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- PAYE versus Dividends 148 2
- Employee or partner 14 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 183 5
- The Cotter Case 180 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 112 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 139 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 61 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 938 16
- Sole Trader business 153 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 145 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 176 1
- Boffin of the Year 302 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 221 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 80 1
- Non sequitur 253 2
- Am i Liable? 882 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 172 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,301
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 642
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 333
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 215
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 208
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 152