Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Error in audited accounts 133 2
- Pratice Management Software 173 3
- Use of home query 102 2
- IT advisory questions? 265 7
- signature required 550 22
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 274 6
- Vat registration exception 202 3
- CIS software 97 2
- Homing sandwiches 479 11
- CT600 137 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 195 7
- Settlement discount 158 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 521 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 195 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 179 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 143 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 225 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 142 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 194 2
- Related Party Transactions 134 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,255
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 822
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 526
- Digita Hosted Software 342
- Credit where credit's due....... 318
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 245
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165