Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Starting up in practice - safety net 176 5
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 348 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 101 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 334 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 226 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 320 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 162 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 201 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 500 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,141 34
- Flat rate vat 245 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 400 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180