Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- VAT - How hard is it? 598 20
- The importance of Grammar 1,207 34
- Profit split from an investment property 59 4
- Directors exempt from AE? 128 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,212 34
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 39 1
- Xero Pain Points 470 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 265 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 829 12
- VAT and Groups 49 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 215 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,854 13
- tax saving on card points 169 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 194 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 432 5
- Scissors 789 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 284 8
- working from home 1,693 29
- Car leasing 202 3
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 167 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 289
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 197
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171