Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Naming new company 268 5
- Is this fraud? 456 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 890 40
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 455 19
- Saying goodbye 507 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 95 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 186 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 640 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 391 12
- Furnished lettings criteria 213 2
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 84 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 786 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,479 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 217 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,031 11
- Flat rate scheme 228 3
- Drop box Storage 231 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 292 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,209 413
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 424 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,279
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 151
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 148
- employment capital allowances 140