Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 502 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 263 4
- Late registration for MOSS 195 4
- Professional Clearance 1,004 24
- Self employed care worker 402 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 229 5
- Client right to working papers 136 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 317 7
- Illegal share transfer 422 5
- Audacity 851 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 143 2
- Company Strike off 1,795 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,072 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 366 3
- Estate admin practicalities 204 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,471 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 310 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,773 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 336 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 328 2
- NHS finance professionals 525
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 363
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 352
- Foreign Pension Contribution 327
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 301
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 266
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 261
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 243