Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 360 8
- Tax on free shares 61 3
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 90 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 89 1
- Buying a horse?? 361 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 177 2
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 155 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 717 21
- PITA ex-client 178 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 231 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 337 9
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 119 6
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 314 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,654 19
- New supplier 121 3
- Audit 418 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 821 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 244 13
- Scottish Independance 877 24
- Funding Circle experience 75 1
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 449
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 216
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155