Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Self-assessment statistics 2,468 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 211 5
- Transmission of ISA 47 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 176 2
- Next Move 713 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 174 2
- Not renewing AAT 675 9
- CGT of shares gifted 381 6
- New dividend taxation 489 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,795 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 152 1
- Company car v company allowance 279 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 433 9
- Owning overseas property 342 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 273 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 726 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 277 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204