Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 155 2
- Real names 457 18
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 142 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 100 1
- Who owns the data 180 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 131 5
- Sole Trader Fees 91 1
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 66 1
- Director hired as an individual 24 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 60 1
- Loan interest rental property 181 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 107 4
- Theatre as charitable company 32 1
- Peer to Peer lending 116 5
- What's the plural? 660 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 92 1
- Well well well 240 2
- Capital Gains Tax 106 3
- Dividend payment date 1,846 32
- Use of aliases 702 19
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 297
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 226
- Sorry ignore me 218