Me and a friend are considering starting our own practice but are becoming slightly confused on the issue of obtaining practice certificates from our professional bodies.
I am AAT qualified and my soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified. I am aware that I should obtain a practice certificate from AAT but am aware that this will prevent me from joining another professional body (ACA or ACCA for example) as I am already in practice. I am slightly disappointed to find that joining the AAT MIP scheme will prevent me from gaining any further professional qualifications, or is there any way around this?
My soon-to-be partner is part ACCA qualified so surely she won't be allowed a practicing certificate from ACCA?
Would it be OK for us to both trade under my AAT practicing certificate until my partner finishes her ACCA? Then could we swap and both trade under her ACCA certificate whilst I join another accounting body to study towards ACA/ACCA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 108 5
- White van man 311 15
- Window Comb Binder Cover 281 5
- STUDENT LOAN 37 1
- Bookkeeping question 554 6
- wave software 209 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 328 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 188 3
- Backdate C79? 153 2
- Entertaining - definition? 288 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 344 10
- foreign income 105 1
- SA1 Online 82 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 88 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 89 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 342 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 94 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 131 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 122 4
- Worried over stock value 153 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 485
- Latest phishing scam 337
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 283
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180