Pre-registration VAT claim - Good or service
A client bought a franchise and then registered for VAT. The franchise fee is for a five year agreement.
Can the client claim this as a good or is it a service? As far as I am concerned its an intangible good as it is a resalable asset but in HMRC's guidelines the tangibility of a good is not mentioned. I have stripped out any training etc received as part of the agreement and treated this as a service.
Has anybody any advice?
Thanks in advance.
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 166 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 133 1
- incorrect old p60 345 8
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,079 31
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 227 3
- Missing tax return 345 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 372 3
- Inflation and fees 1,382 24
- Sage Priority Support 175 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 200 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 228 1
- Related party disclosure 206 3
- Company reconstruction 139 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 234 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 174 1
- Advice please! 419 2
- VAT on new builds 188 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1