Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 433 7
- private to company car? 125 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 203 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 79 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 103 1
- Partner with an IVA 138 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 896 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 528 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 402 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 227 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 205 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 296 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 331 13
- Consequential loss claim 65 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 130 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 239 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 402 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 277 4
- That old chestnut 610 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 412
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 275
- Pre incorp expenses 266
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 228
- Slight twist on employment related securities 204
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 174