Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Capital gain or not? 40 2
- Sub Post master / NIC 101 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,474 29
- Renting property to yourself 152 3
- Which software for practice books? 250 4
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 24 1
- Tax residence 60 1
- Employer wishes to meet the cost of a number of employees childcare costs 64 2
- Interim 2013 Tax Returns submitted as NIL 218 5
- Inheritance tax 162 11
- Pension contributions limits 167 8
- Partnership tax returns 132 2
- PPR election - what do you think? 137 6
- Car leasing 307 14
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 199 3
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 107 3
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 63 3
- Salary sacrifice made now employee wants to cancel. Aggh. 327 4
- 64-8 276 10
- Write off of former director's loan 143 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 612
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 477
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 443
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 219
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 191
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 178
- Tax efficient holding company structure 164
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 148