Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 378 17
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 69 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 773 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,469 31
- Is this fraud? 319 5
- Saying goodbye 435 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 825 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 200 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 995 11
- Flat rate scheme 185 3
- Drop box Storage 202 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 275 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,192 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 622 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 153 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 417 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 152 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 369 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 128 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 205 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 455
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 200
- Employer's Helpline 146
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137