Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Professional coaching claimable? 65 1
- Sage instant account codes 113 1
- Networking 120 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 163 1
- Turnover on a tax return 291 8
- incorrect old p60 448 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 284 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 247 3
- VAT refund 175 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 257 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 309 1