Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 99 3
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 495 10
- Identify cost savings 66 1
- Freelance/Employee 901 22
- VAT on children's clothing 132 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 211 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 365 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,416 50
- Concurrent users 423 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 74 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 215 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,555 18
- P11D & tax return 233 9
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 257 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 467 8
- Fees 718 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 166 2
- Selling Business 321 2
- Capital Goods Scheme 142 6
- HMRC incompetency 386 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 796
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 388
- Electric Car 327
- S222 Charge 264
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 235
- AIA 209
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 197
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 165