Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- property capital gains 180 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 183 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,175 13
- Tips on meals 201 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 522 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 185 3
- Personal Tax 741 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 217 2
- Stumped - IHT 174 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 416 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 476 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,288 33
- Credit management tools 161 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 775 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 415 7
- CGT and primary residence 190 1
- Marriage Allowance 294 3
- S455 and February year ends 346 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 902 18
- Closing down loss-making company 468 5