Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Help 154 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 85 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 213 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,036 109
- Overlap profit 292 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 318 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 130 1
- Payments on account 185 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 81 1
- What do your junior staff do? 523 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 650 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 413 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 535 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 349 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 148 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181