Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- VAT on Training Courses 116 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 123 2
- Self employed travel expenses 121 3
- which software 366 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 17 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 368 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 356 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 58 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 136 1
- Best apps for clients 256 4
- Tax position re this lease? 94 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 576 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,792 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 267 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 126 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 219 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 432 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 186 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 464 13
- Real names 1,033 32
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 447
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 308
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 254
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163