Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 353 3
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 860 8
- Scottish Independance 480 14
- Dress code 1,235 28
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 367 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 695 19
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 727 9
- carry back of gift aid 72 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,016 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 327 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 90 2
- NOMINAL CODES 325 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 175 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 713 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 283 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 231 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 372 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 426 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 115 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 251 1
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 461
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 342
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 244
- Expat pension contributions? 238
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 132