Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Tax rebate under PAYE, no p60? 16 1
- Generic PAYE notices 206 6
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 364 6
- Ltd company or sole trader 225 9
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 61 1
- Excessive Security 554 23
- Cross Border VAT Reclaims 179 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 609 14
- Fee protection 224 8
- LLP classification of division of profit 137 4
- Changes in NHS pensions 184 1
- Free Agent data? 197 3
- Reusing dissolved company name? 157 2
- deductions for OMB companies 193 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 173 4
- Insolvent Liquidation 117 1
- insolvency ip control 165 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 143 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 550 9
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 94 1
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 202
- Mehjoo 198
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 166
- New strategic report 161
- South African Government Pension 138
- Domain name sale and limited company 137