Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Value pricing 251 10
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,772 27
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,571 12
- Audit Required 120 3
- company secretarial software 148 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 162 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 66 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 189 1
- Rental Income 304 6
- Payroll 2012/13 109 1
- I have a pain 699 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 91 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 181 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 738 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 127 3
- Cash flow 150 2
- New use of home - simplified method 258 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 271 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 405 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,960 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 735
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 350
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 265
- VAT on Gaming Machines 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 180
- Director Loan account operation 152