Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 133 1
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 175 11
- Goodwill complications 270 5
- How much of your work is admin? 694 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 217 4
- Will I need to resign? 418 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 110 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 310 5
- Trade creditor journal 115 2
- Nominal Ledger 455 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 185 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 225 5
- Old CGT loss 241 4
- Limited company purchase of property 470 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 484 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 990 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 408 9
- HMRC Distraint 157 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 171 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 239 3