Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- iris update 11.9.2 297 4
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,658 35
- Class 2 NIC 52 1
- Advertising Tips? 402 9
- Company Structure 453 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,628 35
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 504 11
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 151 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,048 16
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 600 19
- Taxation of UK branches of foreign companies 176 1
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 387 10
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 261 6
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 474 8
- International priorities 126 1
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 168 3
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 523 13
- Revenue phishing examples 391 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 296 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 404 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 438
- Costly Accounting Software contract 378
- Directors' advances and credits 291
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 265
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 199
- Apprenticeship Levy 187