Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Goods Purchased for Rental 464 27
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,081 14
- Taxfiler V's BTC 573 22
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,961 25
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 409 8
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 737 25
- Valuation of business 294 5
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 148 7
- Dividend Payments 398 10
- I.d for vat registration 160 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 127 4
- builder's 'cost only' job 155 1
- Myfirmsapp 624 13
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 279 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 174 3
- CIS Deductions 137 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,690 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 171 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 484 17
- Legal Counsel PC costs 90 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,009
- International interest certificate 588
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 512
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 355
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 333
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 227
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 222
- Quickbooks 2015 152