Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 204 5
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 265 8
- Goodie bag 1,733 55
- Do sole traders qualify for tax relief at source on pension contributions? 205 2
- CIS monthly returns 243 5
- Apostille documents 165 3
- Fair Value Accounting 126 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,491 88
- Husband Wife let property 388 11
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 112 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 214 4
- Games Tax Relief 64 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 531 13
- can I approach clients ? 513 9
- Film Actors - Averaging? 366 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 235 3
- FreeAgent question 151 2
- Output tax for retailer 328 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 313 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 156 2
- Possible Partnership? 650
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 525
- New Fangled Penalties 453
- Fuming! 398
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 321
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179