Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 105 4
- White van man 407 20
- Writing down allowance / AIA 96 4
- Worried over stock value 203 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 70 1
- foreign income 121 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 175 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 301 5
- STUDENT LOAN 81 1
- Bookkeeping question 595 6
- wave software 223 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 354 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 233 3
- Backdate C79? 164 2
- Entertaining - definition? 307 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 366 10
- SA1 Online 102 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 103 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 98 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 359 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 823
- Copy Wanted 548
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 504
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 487
- Latest phishing scam 345
- Entrepreneurs' relief 317
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 287
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 274
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 182