Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Recharge for private use of a company car 605 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 217 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 347 18
- Payment plans for clients 293 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 110 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 487 14
- Employee steeling client data 149 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,375 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 195 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 138 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 285 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 225 4
- signature required 924 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 215 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 349 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 182 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 95 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 164 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 109 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,312
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 561
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 238
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 188
- Director's business mileage 159
- Sole trader CPD 150