Previous accountant with an attitude problem
I took on a client about 8 months ago. In the clearance letter I requested some information.
The previous accountant provided a detailed information in response to the clearance letter. However some key information is missing. This includes:
- Debtors of £75K no break down of debtors
- No bank rec or explanation of the difference between bank balance on bank statement and bank balance on the balance sheet.
I requested information on the above and response was "we have given you all the information, This is no longer a live client- best of luck"
The client is not able to respond to above queries. The previous bookeeping is in a mess.
I would appreciate any comments/views on handling this.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 438 26
- sole trader - operating under cis 209 6
- New accountant 122 4
- are receipts needed? 180 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,920 65
- Tax case refeence request 78 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 777 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 217 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,900 29
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 232 5
- Working out a daily rate 146 5
- Auto enrolment 1,228 13
- Payroll dates 125 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 281 8
- Withholding of tax 96 1
- missing 946 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 164 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 106 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 516 16
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 190 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,574
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 871
- International interest certificate 481
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 256
- Management expenses for investment company 229
- Bonus Bonds 228
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 221
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 163