Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 828 21
- Gift aid procedure please? 469 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 183 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 237 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,250 35
- Mortgage Reference 570 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 285 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 228 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 256 2
- Website Content 204 1
- Personal Tax 640 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 214 1
- USA Tax Query 324 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 669 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 376 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 411 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,752 25