Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- Time recording 32 1
- Land Registry 245 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 23 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 68 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 496 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 947 13
- Auto Enrolment 652 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 169 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 384 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 792 19
- Company Number 10000000 325 4
- Advertising Tips? 269 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,507 29
- IR35 355 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 394 12
- Revenue phishing examples 203 1
- iris update 11.9.2 188 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 447 13
- 2015 tax year end 532 1
- Company Structure 298 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 730
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 249
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195