Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- R & D 86 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 836 50
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 719 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 185 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 43 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 81 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 92 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 83 1
- New Business Registration 192 5
- Audit rules 125 3
- Hosted email exchange 107 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 116 1
- Go Cardless 191 5
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 195 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 102 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 102 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 556 11
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 213
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 141