Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 268 3
- Merry Christmas 74 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 62 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,046 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 403 13
- Childcare vouchers 339 7
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,410 9
- Using home as clients registered address 121 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 514 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 104 2
- How much does the company pay 701 30
- AIA 285 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 174 5
- I have done a terrible thing 781 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 363 8
- Not paying accountant 1,874 46
- Cash basis VAT return 105 1
- VAT on Business Premises 104 2
- Consolidation Software 146 2
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,214 32
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 468
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 272
- WWOOFers 261
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 237
- Cocaine anyone? 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176