Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- ACCA practice certificates 48 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 186 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,084 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 165 2
- What would you do in this situation? 684 14
- Dress code 507 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 522 16
- Project being run jointly 214 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 320 4
- Companies House 617 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 377 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 741 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,454 25
- Help Required 432 10
- directors control and tax problems 327 5
- Fastest Software 812 13
- What's in a name ? 418 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 333 4
- Bulk Invoicing 200 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 196 3
- CTA study material 718
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 278
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 271
- AIM Stocks and IHT 256
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 208
- Trust for Employee 205
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 190