Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 163 6
- Business trips - director and family 405 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 54 1
- Signed accounts for bank 653 15
- Family Partnership 262 8
- flat rate scheme 2,358 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 154 2
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 130 4
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 319 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 149 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 70 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 200 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 843 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 182 5
- VAT Query on new build 112 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 104 1
- P11D Car Value 266 6
- NOVA declaration 108 1
- Business valuation advice 710 18