Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,557 15
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 49 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 99 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 447 7
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 152 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 388 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 152 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 426 13
- Real names 971 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 281 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,632 10
- Best apps for clients 169 2
- Theatre as charitable company 137 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 284 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 422 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 338 1
- Fixed Assets 182 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 173 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 205 1
- Dividend payment date 2,048 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 443
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 329
- Sorry ignore me 288
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 191
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160