Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- equipment rental 112 4
- Boffin of the Year 395 14
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 210 5
- Fixed asset registers 48 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 235 4
- Self Assessment requirements for lady from Canada 108 1
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 122 2
- Non sequitur 311 3
- Pattern for CTA 261 6
- PAYE versus Dividends 202 4
- Employee or partner 86 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 194 5
- The Cotter Case 209 2
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 203 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 955 16
- Sole Trader business 159 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 163 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 151 1
- Giving a seminar 693 36
- Tax position on lease extension 185 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,311
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 646
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 336
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 266
- Alphabet shares 224
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 210
- Office recharges 171
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 157