Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- Cash basis 651 20
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 338 17
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 489 6
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 342 11
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 108 2
- payroll software 480 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 297 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 534 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 271 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 84 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 276 3
- Statutory sick pay 382 5
- client threatening legal action 2,201 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 162 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 230 1
- Instant CPD offer 335 3
- Income from rent charged to business 210 2
- Dividend in specie 402 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 199 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 158 1
- Skandia using wrong address 590
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 323
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 320
- Employee rewards 300
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 265
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 197
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 140
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 137