Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- Private Investment Company 109 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 49 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,617 44
- New company - form a group? 181 3
- Small company audit 101 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 269 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 778 17
- CIC Company 409 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,678 57
- Is this a scam? 782 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 140 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 349 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 255 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 259 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 382 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,330 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- R&D tax credit claim 229 5
- CIS Deductions 276 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 600
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 244
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 196
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 181
- Car leasing scheme 179
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 168