Previous Year P&L disclosure
Can someone please help on how I disclose a previous year P & L adjustment.
A provision for a bad debt was made in a previous years accounts. The following year cash was reveived for the provision reversing the bad debt.
The problem is HMRC will not allow the 1st years bad debt provision therefore CT should have been a higher amount and the following year a lower amount.
How is the cash received shown if not by reversing the bad debt? Can I obmit the increase in the second years P&L and add an additional line in Capital & Reserves b/f that will increase the previous years profits?
Called up share account ...........
Reserves b/f ..............
Adjustment b/f reserves ..............
Profit & Loss .................
Shareholders Funds ....................
Thank you in advance for any comments
- Potentially dodgy client 71 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 401 13
- Do I need to pay my accountant 478 8
- Entrepeneurs relief 346 14
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 168 6
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 197 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 307 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 435 20
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 619 8
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 126 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 528 27
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 224 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 160 3
- Lloyds bank ... 446 6
- Limited company buying a car 239 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 495 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 290 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 313 4
- ACCA practice certificates 536 5
- Limited company buying director's car 336 10
- CTA study material 775
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 407
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 287
- Expat pension contributions? 264
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 242
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 190
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149