probate/death of a client
Have prepared the 2010/11 personal SA return but client has passed away before filed. I am dealing with the Executor and will be preparing the final tax return to date of death.
I assume that until probate is final, all assets (including bank account) are frozen. What happens with the 10/11 return, do we file and if not paid by 31 Jan 2012 it will accrue interest as normal - or do different rules apply because of the death? Want to ensure that client (now executor) doesn't receive penalties because they have held back due to probate.
If someone has been through this process a heads up would be appreciated.
PS Executor has signed new 64-8!
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,716 51
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 207 5
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 165 4
- Unpaid share capital 55 1
- flat rate scheme 1,442 32
- 64-8 problems 96 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 109 2
- Business trips - director and family 206 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 426 10
- Allocation of income from property 441 12
- Networking 679 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 778 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 118 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,067 22
- bookkeeping system 361 5
- Outstanding Loans 122 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 218 5
- Company van paid by director 219 2
- Private company division 213 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 265 2