probate/death of a client
Have prepared the 2010/11 personal SA return but client has passed away before filed. I am dealing with the Executor and will be preparing the final tax return to date of death.
I assume that until probate is final, all assets (including bank account) are frozen. What happens with the 10/11 return, do we file and if not paid by 31 Jan 2012 it will accrue interest as normal - or do different rules apply because of the death? Want to ensure that client (now executor) doesn't receive penalties because they have held back due to probate.
If someone has been through this process a heads up would be appreciated.
PS Executor has signed new 64-8!
- Xerocon 2016 818 13
- Personal Tax 201 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,865 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 240 2
- Mortgage Reference 172 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 156 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,177 45
- Practical experience 851 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 434 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 220 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 188 1
- last minute request 295 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 86 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 464 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 130 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 281 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 670 6