Problem with submitting accounts online to Companies House with no fixed assets in previous year
I have had problems submitting accounts online to Companies House when there are no fixed assets in the comparative figures. I get to the NBV for the previous year and it doesn't matter if I enter "0" or leave it blank - I get an error message saying it doesn't equal "0"!
After being no help at all call centre operator and supervisor both say I should seek accounting or legal advice for what numbers to enter on the template despite them eventually understanding the problem. I get the impression that the staff doesn't have any knowledge of anything.
I kept at it and despite getting told I wouldn't get a different answer no matter who I talked to I was offered the opportunity to speak to Complaints; I said "yes" but they put me to the Electronic Filing Department despite that being who I asked to speak to earlier. Their strategy seems to be for the call monkeys to get advice from the Electronic Filing Department but they don't seem to be able to understand what phone callers or the Electronic Filing Department says.
The person in the Electronic Filing Department made a few guesses about the problem (I'm sure they must get this problem a lot) and asked me to download another template in case the first one was corrupt. I got the same problem. I've sent both templates to my contact.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,903 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 114 4
- Xerocon 2016 869 16
- last minute request 382 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 281 3
- Personal Tax 319 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,216 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 260 2
- Mortgage Reference 245 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 190 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 447 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 263 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 240 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 517 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 505 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 163 2