Problems getting refund from HMRC?
Hi, does anyone have any useful advice on getting a refund from HMRC on those occasions were they just seem to want to sit on it for no reason and not release it?
This happens far to regularly for my liking and we end up wasting a lot of time that we cant bill our clients on calls, letters etc... and it is so frustrating.
With our latest client where we have had this the refund was requested to be repaid to our client ac through the return (filed in Jan '12). By 21 Feb 2012 it wasnt released so we did a repayment request online. By 7 Mar 2012 still not released so called them, they apologised, advised it will be sent for release and we were assured it will be released by 22 Mar 2012. Reluctantly accepted this and cant do much about it really. Called them today as still not released, advised hopefully will be released by end of Mar 2012. I obtained an address to write to to make a complaint about it, but yet more wasted time for us though. Its just so infuriating.
I wouldnt mind so much really but if our client owed HMRC £3k (which is what his refund is) he'd be charged interest, a 5% surcharge plus probably get letters threatening court action! Doesnt seem a fair system when we have to make payments by deadlines or face penalties whereas they can just hold onto money owed to taxpayers for as long as they want and we cant do anything really other than waste lots of time calling them constantly about it until its finally released.
- signature required 439 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 489 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 157 5
- Settlement discount 51 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 85 5
- CT600 39 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 151 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 91 2
- Pratice Management Software 46 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 190 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 108 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 178 2
- Homing sandwiches 369 9
- Related Party Transactions 102 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 84 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 460 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 754 13
- More AE! 758 17
- Web sites 242 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 605 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,230
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 511
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 173
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 156
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155