Problems getting refund from HMRC?
Hi, does anyone have any useful advice on getting a refund from HMRC on those occasions were they just seem to want to sit on it for no reason and not release it?
This happens far to regularly for my liking and we end up wasting a lot of time that we cant bill our clients on calls, letters etc... and it is so frustrating.
With our latest client where we have had this the refund was requested to be repaid to our client ac through the return (filed in Jan '12). By 21 Feb 2012 it wasnt released so we did a repayment request online. By 7 Mar 2012 still not released so called them, they apologised, advised it will be sent for release and we were assured it will be released by 22 Mar 2012. Reluctantly accepted this and cant do much about it really. Called them today as still not released, advised hopefully will be released by end of Mar 2012. I obtained an address to write to to make a complaint about it, but yet more wasted time for us though. Its just so infuriating.
I wouldnt mind so much really but if our client owed HMRC £3k (which is what his refund is) he'd be charged interest, a 5% surcharge plus probably get letters threatening court action! Doesnt seem a fair system when we have to make payments by deadlines or face penalties whereas they can just hold onto money owed to taxpayers for as long as they want and we cant do anything really other than waste lots of time calling them constantly about it until its finally released.
- Care Home - Job Price 269 5
- Fee headache 437 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 215 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 227 4
- India Capital Gain 119 1
- Dormant payroll 730 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 105 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 291 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,494 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 115 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 521 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,569 21
- Overlap relief 388 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 201 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 285 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 199 3
- P11D Rejection 274 7
- Directors loans 273 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 271 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 309 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 504
- Theatre Tax Relief 413
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 324
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 306
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 284
- Perkbox 231
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 224
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 219
- Document Management Systems 193
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 191