Problems with Solicitors Accounts Rules
I have produced two sets of accounting records for solicitor clients.
The first client I have not had a problem with the client account auditor. The new client has had problems with a different client account auditor.
He has said that I have not produced double entry bookkeeping. My client has explained the problem further by saying “It relates to there not being a double entry system for each file for office and client he cited as you have seen rule 29 this is a real problem.”
I have produced accounts in exactly the same way for both clients. The transactions on the office account have been analysed by income/expense. The transactions on the client account have been analysed by client. I fail to see what else he requires. I will ask him but I think he wants to see ledgers for each client rather than the total transactions on the client account with a column for each client.
Also he wasn’t happy with me not producing bank reconciliations. I pointed out that the client account was prepared from the bank statements and therefore agreed to the bank statement. I had to produce a schedule for each month showing the bank statement balance and the client account balance as well as a zero difference between the two.
- flat rate scheme 2,305 47
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 49 1
- Signed accounts for bank 622 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 816 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 96 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 280 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 127 5
- VAT Query on new build 71 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 125 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 135 4
- Family Partnership 223 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 63 1
- P11D Car Value 245 6
- NOVA declaration 98 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,495 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 284 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 165 1