Problems with Solicitors Accounts Rules
I have produced two sets of accounting records for solicitor clients.
The first client I have not had a problem with the client account auditor. The new client has had problems with a different client account auditor.
He has said that I have not produced double entry bookkeeping. My client has explained the problem further by saying “It relates to there not being a double entry system for each file for office and client he cited as you have seen rule 29 this is a real problem.”
I have produced accounts in exactly the same way for both clients. The transactions on the office account have been analysed by income/expense. The transactions on the client account have been analysed by client. I fail to see what else he requires. I will ask him but I think he wants to see ledgers for each client rather than the total transactions on the client account with a column for each client.
Also he wasn’t happy with me not producing bank reconciliations. I pointed out that the client account was prepared from the bank statements and therefore agreed to the bank statement. I had to produce a schedule for each month showing the bank statement balance and the client account balance as well as a zero difference between the two.
- Xerocon 2016 1,092 28
- New Build 76 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 66 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,227 43
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 693 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 75 1
- USA Tax Query 250 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 400 5
- last minute request 586 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 301 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 330 7
- Personal Tax 567 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,700 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 966 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 371 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 618 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,996 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 446 7