Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- recompense capital input 206 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 743 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,150 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 701 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 75 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 256 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 106 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 231 2
- CT losses carry back 108 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 547 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 174 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 771 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 420 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,281 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 157 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 184 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 232 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 993 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 220 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 263 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 800
- RTI - duplicate employee record 565
- Pensions Regulator 455
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 414
- Portia ... Where art thou 337
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 185