Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 388 6
- Signed accounts for bank 197 7
- What are my legal responsibilities 136 8
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 458 10
- Landing clients 352 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,129 22
- Termination Payment 143 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 160 3
- CRM / marketing 87 2
- Allocation of income from property 745 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,853 28
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 310 3
- Opening a Quick books file 91 1
- 64-8 problems 505 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 338 10
- Payment on account reminders 225 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 96 3
- Hello 512 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 484 14
- Balancing charge 120 1