Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,174 25
- Company Structure 148 7
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 739 17
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 217 6
- Land Registry 164 1
- Transferring rental property to limited company 210 9
- Advertising Tips? 164 6
- IR35 301 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,423 14
- Cloud-based email services? 244 6
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 405 12
- Dormant co. now trading 305 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,667 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 194 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 396 4
- Lease premium payment of £20,000 152 3
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 132 2
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 141 5
- Late PAYE Registration 203 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,479 27
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 722
- 2015 tax year end 462
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 427
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 350
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 258
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 206