Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,271 14
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 225 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 282 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 814 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 302 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 218 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 124 2
- VAT & capitalising 101 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,965 36
- Invoice Help 241 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 166 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 239 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 231 3
- Sorry ignore me 905 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 584 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 366 5
- Free Shares ? 246 2
- Is this a scam? 574 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 300 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 284 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 192
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 189
- Probiz 175
- What's the market like for temps? 165
- Married woman dies owning marital home 165