Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 93 3
- Which address 220 9
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 505 7
- Night out allowance 179 1
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 67 1
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,088 15
- Spanish Tax Return 123 5
- Accounts/CT600 Filing HMRC & Companies House 49 1
- Missing accountant! 781 4
- Property Development 354 8
- Invoicing clients System? 287 6
- VAT on land sale 206 7
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 216 5
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 406 11
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,125 39
- Director self assessment 269 15
- Directors and unemployment benefit 211 10
- Sale of overseas home on return to UK 116 2
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 481 6
- Supply to Irish State Body 244 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 410
- CTA study material 368
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 274
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 253
- new capital structure ltd with investors 207
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 204
- Pre incorp expenses 204
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 185
- Slight twist on employment related securities 175
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 160