Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 73 1
- CIS and Xero 257 1
- Mortgage Reference 846 12
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 193 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 126 2
- property capital gains 396 4
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 84 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 121 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 284 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 868 9
- Tips on meals 558 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,331 15
- S.455 Tax again 451 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 190 3
- Closing down loss-making company 795 15
- Stumped - IHT 612 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 160 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 499 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 417 14
- co-operatives & Societies 134 1
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 980
- Members in Public Practice 594
- Oplex Careers CPD 363
- Payroll manager and the cloud 290
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 236
- Institute of Customer Services 235
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 223
- Continuity of Practice 206