Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 268 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 593 9
- 31st october deadline 364 6
- Property gift to sister 93 4
- RTI Late Registration query 140 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 215 2
- Payroll software 138 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 210 2
- Accounting for display stands 229 7
- Companies House Search 295 3
- VAT training 264 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 269 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,512 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 318 3
- A Friday Funny. 316 5
- Something for the weekend? 269 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 556 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,251 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,539 26
- Coming out of flat rate 156 1
- NHS finance professionals 708
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 218