Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 421 17
- transactions after account have been closed 81 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,312 25
- New Employers Helpline 180 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 161 3
- Software recommendations 241 1
- Share transfer question 357 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 294 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 156 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,405 19
- Overlap relief 750 19
- What is IRIS World like? 348 8
- Pension contributions 366 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 147 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 480 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 171 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 474 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 265 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 565 10
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 293
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 176