Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 40 1
- Writing down allowance / AIA 146 5
- Company name change question... 146 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 427 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 258 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,309 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 161 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 433 20
- Worried over stock value 220 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 119 1
- foreign income 125 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 199 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 306 5
- STUDENT LOAN 105 1
- Bookkeeping question 601 6
- wave software 230 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 360 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 253 3
- Backdate C79? 171 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 830
- Copy Wanted 555
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 511
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 490
- Latest phishing scam 349
- Entrepreneurs' relief 323
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 296
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 284
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 281
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 185