Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,002 28
- 27,000 Really? 522 21
- West Bromich Albion 131 1
- accounting entries for over payments 78 2
- EYU adjustment to 13/14 PAYE 84 1
- This is getting boring 321 9
- Legal title not in the company name 510 18
- Child tax credits 305 5
- VAT on printing when being a third party 62 1
- NALS Accountants Report 239 3
- VAT - Recharge 192 6
- Employment Allowance 328 5
- Farm barn lettings 85 1
- CIC Company 594 10
- transitioning payroll 326 9
- dividend proposals 237 5
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 295 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,956 61
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,577 36
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 231 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 629
- Cancelled 368
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 319
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 293
- Probiz 278
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 238
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 212
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 180