Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 352 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 203 5
- Error in audited accounts 191 3
- CIS software 117 3
- Homing sandwiches 504 12
- Pratice Management Software 193 3
- Use of home query 148 2
- IT advisory questions? 273 7
- signature required 571 22
- Vat registration exception 208 3
- CT600 150 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 211 7
- Settlement discount 176 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 526 9
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 182 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 151 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 239 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 148 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 200 2
- Related Party Transactions 141 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,259
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 825
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 528
- Digita Hosted Software 344
- Credit where credit's due....... 319
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 246
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 204
- TheTax Donut 188
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 167
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 166