Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- The return 668 25
- break even point 1,078 32
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 90 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 54 1
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 125 4
- IHT Query 386 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 85 2
- Charity accounting 57 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 986 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 143 2
- Get it off your chest 141 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 130 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 346 2
- Limited Company trading status. 322 8
- Payroll 174 6
- Classic cars investment 506 14
- Vat registration 170 5
- VAT ON MAINTENANCE PROVIDED TO ESTATE AGENT 100 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 210 6
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 226 2
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 545
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 345
- Clubs and Taxable Income 285
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 268
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 205
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172
- Outsource Data Entry 172