Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- How much does the company pay 518 21
- I have done a terrible thing 590 14
- VAT on Business Premises 55 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 29 1
- Consolidation Software 121 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 426 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,003 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,148 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 297 9
- HMRC property income enquiry 273 6
- LLp Profits 136 5
- two business from one premises 128 2
- AIA 241 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 339 20
- partnership tax return 157 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 183 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 107 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 304 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,179 27
- s455 tax 149 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 501
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 266
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 235
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 214
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174