Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 163 5
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 874 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 449 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 132 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 167 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 102 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 85 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,845 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 99 1
- 'Find an accountant' 190 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 96 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 79 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 104 1
- Construction Industry Funding 108 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 95 1
- How important are Journals? 327 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 720 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 128 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 490
- Skandia using wrong address 433
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 378
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 265
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 227
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 206
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 179