Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- Personal allowance 632 14
- New Fangled Penalties 1,098 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 116 1
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 85 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 711 30
- Should replies on AWEB show details of the qualifications 104 3
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 797 9
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 264 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 371 10
- VAT on employee loan 288 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 947 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 131 2
- Accountants website 382 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 168 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 466 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 97 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 114 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,411 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 224 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 176 6
- Moving away from CCH software 939
- QROP pension input amounts 431
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 375
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 346
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 313
- fraud 272
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 243
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 215
- Construction CIS LLP Company 194
- EPS and CIS deductions 188