Procrastination - is there a cure?
I am suffering quite badly from procrastination at the moment - there is a fair chunk of work in my office but there always seems to be something to do to avoid tackling it!
I am not sure if this is caused by overwhelm, not knowing where to start, not having the right systems in place, a combination of these factors, or something completely different, but the days seem to be flying by without me actually achieving a lot!
I start something then immediately think of something else I could (or should) be doing; also I spend a lot of time on administration tasks - clearing emails, returning calls, that sort of thing - whilst the work builds up, and that's without even thinking about marketing the practice and the like!
I don't want anyone on here to think bad of me, it's just a problem that I can't seem to shake off - however I do love my job and have a very happy practice and (hopefully) happy clients... but need some anti-procrastination/time management advice... if anyone could offer me some golden nuggets it would be much appreciated.
- The importance of Grammar 880 24
- New starter - tax code 169 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 82 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,675 60
- PI cover 75 2
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 249 3
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 111 2
- HMRC site down ? 142 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 134 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 194 3
- Xero Pain Points 249 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 108 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 154 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 369 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 147 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 586 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 232 3
- Childcare 270 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 812 19
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 284
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 194
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170