Professional clearance letters
Currently preparing a few professional clearance requests and I'm beginning to doubt my templates.......
Currently, for sole traders, I prepare just the 1 professional clearance letter which has a couple of lines requesting the business accounts and computations, whilst the rest of the letter deals with the personal tax aspects.
However........I'm wondering whether I should prepare 2 clearance letters, 1 requesting the business records, the other requesting personal tax. I'm not sure whether this makes things simpler or just more confusing for the outgoing accountant.
For Limited Companies and LLP's I obviously do separate letters as they are different legal entities. I don't have any normal partnerships but I imagine a letter for the business and separate letters for the individuals would be correct.
What do others do?
- Very large share capital by mistake 172 1
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 354 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 404 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,972 45
- Love is in the air 297 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,675 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 383 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 495 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 237 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 648 18
- HMRC accounting 371 3
- Employers NI allowance 455 6
- Dividend taxation 372 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 283 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 187 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 261 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 454 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 265
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 234
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 201