Professional clearance letters
Currently preparing a few professional clearance requests and I'm beginning to doubt my templates.......
Currently, for sole traders, I prepare just the 1 professional clearance letter which has a couple of lines requesting the business accounts and computations, whilst the rest of the letter deals with the personal tax aspects.
However........I'm wondering whether I should prepare 2 clearance letters, 1 requesting the business records, the other requesting personal tax. I'm not sure whether this makes things simpler or just more confusing for the outgoing accountant.
For Limited Companies and LLP's I obviously do separate letters as they are different legal entities. I don't have any normal partnerships but I imagine a letter for the business and separate letters for the individuals would be correct.
What do others do?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 202 6
- Xerocon 2016 996 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 210 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 576 12
- Personal Tax 474 11
- USA Tax Query 143 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,655 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 938 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 260 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 593 18
- Corrupt Excel File 672 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 345 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,972 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 289 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 397 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 158 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 302 4
- last minute request 496 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46