Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 191 5
- cgt 19 1
- Legal fees for revalued asset 55 3
- Clever way to split cells? 133 5
- VAT for Residential Property Developer 20 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 226 8
- VAT on Pub purchase 104 1
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 224 9
- VAT Option to tax 529 19
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 159 4
- Director Loan account operation 442 2
- Giving advice to friends / family 241 3
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 501 16
- Tax implications of soletrader gifting money 100 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 243 5
- Business travel apps 196 4
- Clarify the tax position 148 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 384 5
- Free Tax Legislation? 440 1
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 379 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 919
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 646
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 359
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 328
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 204
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 165
- Pension Fixed Protection 164
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 163