Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 281 3
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 126 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 557 13
- Support / ticketing software 301 10
- Imported goods and VAT 97 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 417 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 564 11
- Stamp Duty 134 3
- When to top-up pensions? 77 1
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,828 22
- Withdrawal of a quote 243 5
- Company Number 10000000 959 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 346 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 187 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 433 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,820 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 432 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 205 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 333 5
- Best software for small practice? 834 24
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 210
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 207
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187