Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Deduction from Salary 256 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 146 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,643 60
- Dividend dates 524 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 57 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 415 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 146 2
- 12 Pay Problems 229 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 213 3
- Sole properietor 86 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 82 1
- Redudancy 54 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 473 13
- VAT - Recharge 83 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 347 4
- transitioning payroll 174 4
- Legal title not in the company name 207 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 164 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,756 30
- Car financed by employee 193 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 307
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 269
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171