Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 512 11
- Please for the love of god can anyone clear this up for me accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 177 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 81 1
- Flat rate vat error 314 7
- EC VAT 203 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 512 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 281 14
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 529 16
- can I claim a per diem 250 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 135 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,367 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 243 6
- VAT on part of a closed pub 238 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 81 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 282 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 525 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 844 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 155 3
- Linux Accounting Software 564 13
- RTI due -no broadband 164 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 825
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 503
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 316
- How to format a stock book 283
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 226
- Tax efficient holding company structure 219
- Investment property company accounts template 217
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 210
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 177