Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 580 13
- Vat threshold issues 113 2
- Growing pains 360 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 237 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 73 1
- Consequential loss claim 120 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 190 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 120 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 107 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 338 5
- private to company car? 204 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 957 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 587 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 153 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 238 1
- Partner with an IVA 173 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 599 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 425 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 320 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 241 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 418
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 303
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 287
- Pre incorp expenses 279
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 246
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 210
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 185
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 178