Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- calculate mortgage interest 86 1
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,344 60
- Auto enrolment 1,640 27
- AIA 197 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 580 27
- Depreciation 146 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 127 3
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 322 11
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 217 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 172 3
- client can't/won't pay 440 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 197 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 255 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 263 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,189 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 270 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 210 5
- HMRC SA software error? 179 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 176 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 272 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 789
- Copy Wanted 503
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 459
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 454
- Latest phishing scam 292
- Entrepreneurs' relief 279
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 273
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 254
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 242
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 238