Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- FHL - hedge purchase 105 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 530 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 277 3
- Fees 476 6
- HMRC Post 585 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 439 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 192 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 445 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 291 3
- www.pool.adzio 164 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 192 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,883 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 288 3
- Transactions with directors 484 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 253 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,438 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 283 5
- Form 17 Download 199 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 601 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 769
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 253
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 216
- IP trans to holding company 197
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185