Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Childcare Vouchers 154 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 248 12
- Quarterly PAYE 148 6
- Audit Report Query 170 5
- Coming in from the cold 167 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 63 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,283 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 59 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 122 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 60 1
- Thats Better 241 6
- Fee's for P11D's 238 3
- Value pricing 539 18
- reporting salary? 127 2
- apprentices 80 1
- Sage Payroll 249 10
- VAT 143 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 221 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 248 6
- Multiple PAYE Schemes 127 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 762
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 518
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 366
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 193
- vat return 162