Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Company buy back of shares from directors 120 6
- Cash basis 105 5
- Cash basis 762 28
- Please tell me what to do!! 159 4
- 5th April 132 3
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 252 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,964 32
- Investor exit 226 4
- client threatening legal action 2,273 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 112 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 213 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 333 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,560 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 540 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 326 9
- Rental income 131 2
- s455 Directors loan 189 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 70 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,186 8
- Non resident capital gains 94 1
- Skandia using wrong address 605
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 272
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 163
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 151
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 140
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 133