Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 205 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 602 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 230 4
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 311 4
- Closing my business down 96 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 851 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 308 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 120 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,243 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,472 21
- VAT flat rate scheme 118 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 295 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 92 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,098 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 160 1
- FPS or EPS 176 2
- Continuity of Practice 229 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 148 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 287
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 262
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 183