Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Drop Down Boxes 215 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,614 504
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 986 30
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 124 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 568 8
- help needed with rti paye please 121 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 841 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 405 11
- Can't read my handwriting 798 19
- Undeclared rental income 399 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 329 7
- Sick pay 236 6
- Directors self assessment 162 2
- Employer's Helpline 217 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 113 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 190 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,765 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,090 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 142 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 320 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,411
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 540
- National Insurance 439
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 259
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 250
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 166
- Umbrella pay services 144
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 123
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121