Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Professional coaching claimable? 73 1
- Sage instant account codes 115 1
- Networking 127 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 168 1
- Turnover on a tax return 296 8
- incorrect old p60 449 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 287 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 250 3
- VAT refund 182 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 260 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,409 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 314 1