Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Capital gain? 55 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,234 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 258 8
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 282 6
- Recharge for private use of a company car 344 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 408 8
- vat help for catering concession 270 10
- IHT dilemma 1,152 17
- Tax return software for remote working 225 3
- CGT 328 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 311 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 105 2
- Compliance check 502 13
- sole trader accountant 779 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 395 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 600 21
- More AE! 488 11
- How to classify an asset 151 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 283 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 180 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,078
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 459
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 220
- Credit where credit's due....... 211
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 199
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 182
- Director phone costs 144