Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Transferring DLA between Directors 267 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 108 2
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 467 8
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 87 1
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 40 1
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 174 1
- Stumped - IHT 315 5
- Creative Auto Enrolment 806 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,365 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 109 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 245 4
- True Potential AE 271 2
- Closing down loss-making company 515 6
- CGT and primary residence 225 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 315 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,243 14
- VAT disaggregation 293 4
- Giving shares away 454 8
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 243 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 573 11