Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- CGT on Let Property 29 1
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 383 12
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 81 3
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 589 21
- FRSSE 2015 AND AMORTISATION OF GOODWILL 58 1
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 225 2
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 298 5
- Going through security 355 8
- Another AE question 128 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 256 11
- Tax efficient vehicle 517 10
- Retail business software/accounting system 159 3
- AIA for private hire cars, self-employed licensed private hire vehicle / driver 188 5
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 379 11
- CTA Material 197 1
- Business only use of company car 334 11
- Web site and client access area advice 210 1
- Car or Van 391 9
- Dividend Tax Petition 400 5
- Buying a business premises in a pension 240 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 250
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 226
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 215
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 201
- Expenses Software 183
- Any thoughts on Capium? 172
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 170
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 166
- Car Capital Contribution 147
- cgt quoted shares losses 145