Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 101 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,244 14
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 370 15
- Companies House incorporation service 280 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 17 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 85 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 177 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 84 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 162 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 122 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 112 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,575 12
- Share Capital 85 2
- Trading income or not? 148 1
- Charge HMRC 369 3
- FRS17 query 224 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,755 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,622 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 563 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 282 2
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 372
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 285
- CIS schemes 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176