Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Mortgage Adviser's request 128 4
- CGT on spouse's death 72 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 380 8
- Payroll software 170 4
- Company UTR numbers 287 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 345 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 637 30
- Starting Again 111 1
- Summer house for business only 60 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 86 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 549 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 123 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 115 3
- How do you count your clients 396 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 150 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 108 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 466 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 154 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 740 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 590
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 278
- Government Gateway - VAT 273
- Using the correct forms 260
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 232
- Accelerated payment notices 225