Professional Qualification - Is it worth it?
Reading through a few posts on here and thinking of my own qualifications (FCCA & ATT), I'm surely not the only one who is begining to ask myself if the qualifications are worth it?
I work in industry now (this may be part of the reason I'm starting to think the way I am), have done for the past 5 years or so and have to admit it is all because the money offered beats that of working in practice. Partnership excluded.
Do other CA's, ACCA's or whatever, perhaps more so those in industry, feel their qalification is still useful and the fees justified?
Has anyone perhaps stopped paying the subscriptions, cancelled their membership and noticed any difference?
Obviously I'm very proud etc to have qualified but not sure I gain anything from the qualifications anymore other than perhaps the status.
Just a thought.
- Late Registration for VAT 156 5
- Registering a company late 214 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 253 4
- physiotherapy clinic 543 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,892 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 69 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,000 25
- Deferred Tax 101 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 55 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 401 7
- How much of your work is admin? 144 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,786 19
- Goodwill complications 141 2
- Personal pension 209 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 166 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 290 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 246 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 982 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,156 12
- property development 275 8
- TheTax Donut 1,005
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 665
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 616
- Follower cases 481
- Limited company purchase of property 407
- Hive up 404
- corporate hierarchy 375
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 371
- LIVE chat, starting now 314
- AIA or IFA 205