Proforma invoices in VT
I have a small Ltd co client registered for VAT under the cash accounting scheme. They are issuing proforma invoices at point of sale, by way of securing a 50% deposit on sale of goods. Final vat invoice is raised at point of despatch for the full amount less payments already received. How do I reflect the proforma and final invoice transactions in VT?
Do I just record the deposit received as a payment on account, or can I link it to a proforma invoice transaction?
How do I ensure the VAT is reflected in the vat return at during the quarter when the final invoice is paid?
Thanks in advance for your help, I've thought about this for too long and am completely muddled now.
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,186 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 215 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,006 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 225 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 583 12
- Personal Tax 481 11
- USA Tax Query 152 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,658 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 942 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 273 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 597 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 347 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 401 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 164 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 315 4
- last minute request 503 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,253 46