Proforma invoices in VT
I have a small Ltd co client registered for VAT under the cash accounting scheme. They are issuing proforma invoices at point of sale, by way of securing a 50% deposit on sale of goods. Final vat invoice is raised at point of despatch for the full amount less payments already received. How do I reflect the proforma and final invoice transactions in VT?
Do I just record the deposit received as a payment on account, or can I link it to a proforma invoice transaction?
How do I ensure the VAT is reflected in the vat return at during the quarter when the final invoice is paid?
Thanks in advance for your help, I've thought about this for too long and am completely muddled now.
- Business lending another business money (UK) 44 1
- What are my legal responsibilities 248 11
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 320 4
- No more tax returns... 1,513 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 406 6
- Signed accounts for bank 242 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 467 10
- Landing clients 383 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,138 22
- Termination Payment 171 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 182 3
- CRM / marketing 97 2
- Allocation of income from property 749 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,866 28
- Opening a Quick books file 110 1
- 64-8 problems 513 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 345 10
- Payment on account reminders 236 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 107 3
- Hello 516 4