Property change of use
We've been in rented premises for a few years now and the lease is coming up for renewal next year so thinking of options available to us.
One is a residential property which is close to the office we currently lease and is on the market at a sensible price. There's obviously a bit of work in terms of converting into an office rather than a house but nothing really significant.
Has anyone out there gone through the experience of getting a change of use from residentail to professional office space? If so, was it painful? We've got a property chap we work with and some I'm going to run it past them but looking for first hand experience of the timescale and process.
Any advice gratefully received.
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 228 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 240 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 592 12
- Personal Tax 493 11
- USA Tax Query 168 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 289 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 411 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 175 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 334 4
- last minute request 515 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46