Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Professional Clearance 196 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 134 4
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 43 1
- Introduction of Goodwill 451 13
- CIC accounts submission 158 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 104 5
- do i pay vat when buying a business 240 17
- are receipts needed? 368 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 615 21
- New accountant 517 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 225 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,071 67
- Working out a daily rate 317 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 606 9
- Loss Relief 157 2
- Tax case reference request 240 3
- How to? 163 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 203 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,420 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 526 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,592
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173