Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 30 1
- blank - ignore 392 6
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 23 1
- foreign income 148 3
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 131 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 81 3
- Non resident income. 354 18
- White van man 777 26
- Should i tell HMRC 1,209 12
- How to value a business asset? 99 4
- Companies House praise 163 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 159 12
- Do we have to register for VAT? 343 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 535 18
- Unbelievable!! 644 4
- Identity check problem 1,098 11
- Declaration of interest 115 3
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 331 16
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,837 13
- Entrepreneurs relief 109 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 868
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 565
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 531
- Latest phishing scam 453
- Entrepreneurs' relief 405
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 354
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 332
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 314
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 236
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 214