Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 104 4
- signature required 277 11
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 432 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 737 13
- More AE! 738 17
- Web sites 193 3
- Homing sandwiches 247 7
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 95 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 566 13
- Dispensation 140 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 475 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 86 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 292 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 246 3
- Capitalising purchased software 114 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 272 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 566 17
- how to object to registered company name... 355 2
- Property income in different capacities 255 5
- CGT 493 19
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,218
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 807
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 506
- Digita Hosted Software 326
- Credit where credit's due....... 299
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 232
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 180
- TheTax Donut 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 151
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 146