Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 11 1
- What does PITA mean? 311 9
- Filling in my self assessment 564 9
- Overlap profit 548 14
- career 328 2
- Help required please 412 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 444 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 194 3
- Vat to be Paid? 169 3
- CGT base cost 289 11
- A little bit of politics 416 5
- Should small companies be audited? 939 39
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,351 40
- Ultimate Controlling Party Disclosure Questions 228 5
- RSU and double taxation 146 1
- Can i really not unreconcile a vat return in sage? 144 1
- Assets transferred at cost 208 5
- currency exchange rates across FY 100 1
- Online behaviour and Aweb 760 7
- HP agreement in directors name 434 8
- Sanzar 450
- Digital marketing focus group 374
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 327
- Continuity Agreement 287
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 269
- Buyback 261
- Sainsbury's mangement 256
- Avanti Accounts 237
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 196
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 168