Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 66 3
- Company Share Buy Back 94 2
- Charitable Payment 202 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 917 15
- Unpaid share capital 239 3
- Company car in the LLP 159 2
- Physiotherapy 333 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 217 1
- New build property to be rented 146 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,870 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 100 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 94 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 156 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 164 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 209 4
- Private company division 309 5
- Outstanding Loans 217 3
- Networking 876 7
- Allocation of income from property 631 22