Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 348 17
- Know it alls (who don't) 672 15
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 129 3
- VAT on motor expenses 963 36
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 509 11
- Incorporation with pending court case 94 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,569 46
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 90 3
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 237 4
- Share swap 449 17
- CIS Deductions 139 6
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,841 28
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 464 14
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 852 17
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 182 4
- Check my logic on this please? 269 1
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 96 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 241 6
- Late P45 226 5
- CIC accounts submission 115 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,565
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 865
- International interest certificate 476
- NOVA 333
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 252
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 243
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 220
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 209
- Help with tax codes on Sage 165