Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- directors overdrawn loan account 83 1
- Am i Liable? 174 6
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 107 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 207 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 92 1
- Added years superannuation 73 2
- Giving a seminar 540 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 203 1
- JIEB Exams 140 1
- RTI 108 1
- Christmas party 122 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 751 10
- Checking a contract 300 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 240 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 163 7
- VAT on garage rent 329 14
- Value-shifting 87 1
- Pattern for CTA 213 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 187
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150