Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 547 19
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,459 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,049 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,196 44
- R&D tax claim 245 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 517 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 171 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 126 2
- Gift to employee 369 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 146 1
- Transfer of a business 124 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,133 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 413 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 114 2
- Sage Import Data 310 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 242 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 123 2
- Best time software for small practice? 231 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 319 13
- private to company car? 374 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 479
- CTA study material 454
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 332
- Pre incorp expenses 308
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 267
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 254
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 204
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 159
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 140
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 133