Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Declined for business bank account 239 5
- Help with Mortgage Application? 479 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 176 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,623 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 212 10
- Standard 'email' template system 881 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 460 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,029 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 216 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 95 1
- Circular shareholding 234 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 190 6
- business card address 305 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 213 2
- Loan to a related company 105 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 661 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 333 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 273 8
- property rental income split 131 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,115
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 367
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 229
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 222
- Non Resident 187
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 182
- Franchise income and costs 177