Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Do I need to register for VAT 75 8
- Compare 2 lists 1,693 31
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,157 21
- Exemption from CGT 317 3
- Amend a 2010/11 return 215 2
- Owner director gym membership 83 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,421 34
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 235 2
- Capital Gains 215 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 672 27
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 124 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 236 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,169 22
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 458 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,434 30
- Bankstream 843 20
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 224 2
- UK tax on sale of Italian shares 228 3
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 156 1
- How to deal with prior year error 242 2