Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 443 7
- Company assets 268 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,008 12
- Director resignation 702 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,765 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 93 1
- CIS Only Scheme 65 1
- No payroll scheme in place 333 1
- Xero Training 379 3
- SA Penalty 216 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 231 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 70 1
- The stupidity continues 2,795 103
- Company oversea and VAT 171 7
- Am I too soft? 1,069 14
- looking for a practice consultant 375 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 188 2
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 440 11
- Small Business Payroll 194 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 243 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- Is there anything wrong with this? 275
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 180
- Accrued income scheme 176
- VAT - registration needed? 171
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 170