Property ownership - who receives the rent?
OK. In the normal course of things I know income follows ownership.
However, in the situation I have Mother moves into a local authority bungalow. House remains in her name but son and daughter spend £20K of their own money on renovations and then let out.
They come to me 6 months later and say the rental income is theirs. Mother had intended they have the property, otherwise they would not have spent money on it.
Is it feasible to get the property transfered now, but treat the rents as due to son and daughter from day one,on the basis that M was just holding the property for them?
- 27,000 Really? 1,035 31
- Legal title not in the company name 761 23
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 60 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 65 1
- This is getting boring 579 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 232 7
- pension paid by company? 84 3
- inheritance tax 398 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 319 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 214 4
- State pension 287 3
- Accountancy Career 106 1
- CIC Company 652 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,814 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,272 66
- Deduction from Salary 638 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 430 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,686 16
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 304 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 307
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 278
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221