Prospects you don't want to deal with
I have just put up my postcards in local newsagents windows again.
I got one rather nice client out of the last lot and 3 iffy people that I definitely didn't want as clients, so it might be worth it, at 50p per week.
This afternoon someone rang and said he was with a firm of accountants who were sorting out with HMRC several periods that he had not previously declared but he was not happy with his latest capital gains calculation. I said he should be querying these matters with his current accountants. He would be best to stay where he was, as it sounded as if they were doing the right thing. He wittered on a bit and I said sorry but I'll have to go now. Looking back I wish I'd terminated the conversation earlier. I'm not running Citizens Advice.
As soon as he said "I've been a ghost for a few years" I knew I didn't want to deal with him. I should have turned him down at that point. What's your best phrase for me to use in future? If you've got any rude ones at least it will make me laugh!
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 798 12
- Personal Tax 162 2
- Mortgage Reference 147 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,854 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 141 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,174 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 201 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 161 1
- last minute request 267 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 444 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 113 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 263 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6