PTP transfer to new computer
Happy Bank Holiday, everyone. Quick question for those who are working over the long weekend.
I have PTP tax software on my old laptop. I have installed it on my new laptop. What's the most straightforward way to load the database onto the new machine?
I've tried copying the backup files onto the new machine, but upon trying to restore them I get the message: error - can't find backup file, even though PTP has just warned me of the date of the backup to be restored and checked that I want to continue.
Obviously PTP support will be open again on Wednesday, but until then - any idea?
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 424 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 644 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 315 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 88 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 86 1
- VAT on new builds 78 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 91 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,773 26
- Missing tax return 126 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 899 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 265 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 143 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 536 18
- Physiotherapy 220 3
- Inflation and fees 1,192 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 143 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 266 8
- CGT help please 128 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 332 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 114 2