PTP transfer to new computer
Happy Bank Holiday, everyone. Quick question for those who are working over the long weekend.
I have PTP tax software on my old laptop. I have installed it on my new laptop. What's the most straightforward way to load the database onto the new machine?
I've tried copying the backup files onto the new machine, but upon trying to restore them I get the message: error - can't find backup file, even though PTP has just warned me of the date of the backup to be restored and checked that I want to continue.
Obviously PTP support will be open again on Wednesday, but until then - any idea?
- Do accountants work at home? 377 9
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 34 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 399 8
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 849 15
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 98 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,846 58
- Where has Portia gone? 5,966 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 47 1
- ER Relief 93 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 99 1
- Payroll question 243 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 270 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 96 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 711 6
- VAT Registration 214 1
- How do you do it 430 1
- Help 506 14
- Payments on account 337 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 796 21
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 130 1