Qualification advice for beginning accountancy career
Hello, I currently hold a degree in history and have terrible gcse/a level results.
Im 28 years old and am considering a career change into accountancy practice. I currently work in a managerial role managing payroll. I see from my research that allot of company's that accept graduates on the Aca want good a levels which I don't have.
So my question is about qualifications, how should I best prepare myself.
Should I re sit my a levels and gcse exams or would my time be better spent just going for an acca self study. Or will no a levels come back to haunt me later on in my career.
Would I be better off by considering the acca, or should I just perhaps complete the ICB and get a job in book keeping and then try and make the leap into an accountancy company that will support me with the Aca as I originally wanted.
Any guidance in this appreciated
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 150 6
- SME Direct Debit 659 11
- Accountant software 432 13
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,015 23
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 161 3
- Accounting jobs in the UK 149 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 232 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 207 4
- CIS gross status review 98 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 128 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 361 6
- Flat rate vat error 247 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 150 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 95 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 152 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 366 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 633 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 276 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 611 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 206 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 756
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 485
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 299
- How to format a stock book 266
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 214
- Tax efficient holding company structure 204
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 196
- Investment property company accounts template 192
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 174
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 163