How many accountants out there think you still need to disclose directors' interests in share capital in the Directors' report?
Just having a whinge really - have had two sets of accounts from previous accountants in the last few weeks with several out of date disclosures, including directors interest in shares, dividends on the face of the P&L as a deduction from profit for the year, close company note, authorised share capital.
At least they did refer to CA2006 not 1985 - I had one at the back end of last year that still referred to CA 1985, oh, and a note in the directors report that the accountants were deemed to be appointed as accountants (yes, not auditors - it was audit exempt) under s386 of CA 1985?!? To be fair, that one was a complete pile of **** - it didn't even have any accounting policy or P&L notes - the first note was fixed assets.
Problem is, if they aren't up to date on accounts disclosures, are they up to date with tax etc???
Thanks for 'listening' to my whinge - I work on my own, so its good to vent my frustrations ;)
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,202 39
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 685 30
- SDLT 49 1
- An IT question 114 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,432 27
- Employment allowance changes 171 6
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 717 13
- Voluntary dissolution of company 272 5
- Bankstream 961 23
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 216 2
- Excel - Sage Integrated Reporting 130 1
- Inter Company Loans 30 1
- Software that posts COGS? 559 13
- Xerocon 2016 527 9
- Disengagement Help! 332 12
- VAT on online services 209 2
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 33 1
- Excel budget templates - help 493 2
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 450 18
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 251 5