quick sense check
No I'm not looking for a free professional valuation just a quick one sentence (yes I know it is not that simple but.....)
Client has a plant hire business (cranes) and does very well. T/over £1m, profit (before divis) £300k. No finance, no debt. They simply hire out the cranes they own.
Cranes have a market value of £600k.
Client asked in an email today - if I were to put my company on the market - what would I get?
Obviously, as I said above, there is no quick answer, but I am guessing a multiple of profits (say 3) as adjusted for salaries and the value of the cranes (lets assume no other assets/liabilities)
If it were 3x plus cranes the value would be something like £1.4m - any very brief thoughts welcome, I am seeing him this evening to sign his TR and a pint!
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 161 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 516 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 212 7
- Insovent companies 877 19
- New Build 179 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 190 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 799 20
- Website Content 142 1
- Personal Tax 621 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 127 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 171 1
- USA Tax Query 294 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 646 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 345 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 380 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,735 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6