quick sense check
No I'm not looking for a free professional valuation just a quick one sentence (yes I know it is not that simple but.....)
Client has a plant hire business (cranes) and does very well. T/over £1m, profit (before divis) £300k. No finance, no debt. They simply hire out the cranes they own.
Cranes have a market value of £600k.
Client asked in an email today - if I were to put my company on the market - what would I get?
Obviously, as I said above, there is no quick answer, but I am guessing a multiple of profits (say 3) as adjusted for salaries and the value of the cranes (lets assume no other assets/liabilities)
If it were 3x plus cranes the value would be something like £1.4m - any very brief thoughts welcome, I am seeing him this evening to sign his TR and a pint!
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 110 2
- flat rate scheme 1,912 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 254 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 119 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 127 3
- Company Share Buy Back 125 2
- Charitable Payment 206 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 925 15
- Unpaid share capital 256 3
- Company car in the LLP 185 2
- Physiotherapy 340 4
- New build property to be rented 179 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,885 52
- Hello 361 2
- Sage 200 question 120 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 115 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 190 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 191 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 223 4