QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 81 1
- Invoice Help 206 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 121 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 206 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 196 3
- Sorry ignore me 879 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 547 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,918 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,231 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 147 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 784 20
- VAT & capitalising 69 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 303 5
- Free Shares ? 235 2
- Is this a scam? 549 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 293 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 272 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 149 1
- Peer to Peer lending 863 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 103 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 530
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 284
- Cancelled 243
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 189
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 188
- Probiz 169
- What's the market like for temps? 164
- Married woman dies owning marital home 162