QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Year end 86 1
- How would you account for warranty? 120 4
- LLP - Member leaving 95 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 386 22
- Sweet Tooth 144 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,022 13
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 198 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 160 2
- trading or dormant 97 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 92 1
- tax credits 121 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 525 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 186 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 561 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 261 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 109 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 193 3
- Foreign income for self employed 125 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 640 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 86 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 863
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 514
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 325
- How to format a stock book 304
- Tax efficient holding company structure 241
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 235
- Investment property company accounts template 223
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 188
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 159