QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 408 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 640 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 308 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 84 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 79 1
- VAT on new builds 70 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 83 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,766 26
- Missing tax return 114 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 897 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 262 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 138 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 532 18
- Physiotherapy 217 3
- Inflation and fees 1,186 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 138 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 263 8
- CGT help please 126 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 332 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 106 2