QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Goodie bag 1,065 37
- Dividends against directors loan 58 1
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 91 1
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,357 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 109 1
- Output tax for retailer 285 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 340 7
- Budget 2015 predictions 405 8
- Back-dated VAT 134 2
- VAT registration 162 4
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 215 7
- Company reorganisation 244 3
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 438 8
- Loss carryback 208 6
- Sole trader and VAT 108 1
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 149 1
- Film Actors - Averaging? 181 5
- Physiotherapy And Vat 278 8
- How do I save face? 794 12
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 227 3
- Possible Partnership? 625
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 510
- New Fangled Penalties 433
- Fuming! 317
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 311
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 226
- Outsource Data Entry 224
- Moving away from CCH software 213
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 164