QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Anyone had this problem?? 539 16
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 11 1
- Sole Trader Cessation 96 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,365 22
- VAT flat rate scheme 303 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 54 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 100 4
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 362 9
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 43 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 63 1
- First Choice Final Accounts 213 1
- Complex VAT Group 312 6
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 66 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 317 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,252 107
- Client's company struck off 307 7
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 240 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 114 4
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 201 5
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 119 1
- QROP pension input amounts 467
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 406
- fraud 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- EPS and CIS deductions 239
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 192
- SAGE winforecast 166
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 161