QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- SA302's anyone?? 596 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 44 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 340 12
- Cash in Hand 86 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 143 4
- Busines software 136 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 189 6
- Converting a barn for business use 183 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 304 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 311 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 473 10
- are receipts needed? 607 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 297 3
- Bookkeping software 717 7
- Clogged Losses 281 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 266 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 656 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 317 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 267 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 126 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 909
- International interest certificate 521
- NOVA 371
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 321
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 267
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 161
- EXACT ONLINE 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 152