QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 86 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 193 4
- Let Property Campaign 167 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 48 1
- What would you do? 332 2
- Taxable income for previous years 357 8
- Depreciation on purchase of software 145 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,305 16
- App recommendations 325 4
- Defend your local inspector? 619 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 760 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,145 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 764 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 164 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 416 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 143 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 398 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 355
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 279
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 195
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 176
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 172