QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- CGT 20 2
- is my company accounts right? 783 22
- Corporate shareholder question 185 3
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 251 4
- What can my client claim r & d on? 75 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,003 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 389 9
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 368 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 82 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,502 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,556 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 114 1
- P11D Dispensation 99 1
- I have missing sales invoices 380 5
- Invoice Help 381 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 273 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 374 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,024 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,062 26
- Directors Subsistence 229 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 556
- Cancelled 320
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 268
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 219
- Probiz 212
- What's the market like for temps? 201
- CIS Deductions 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 160