QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- ACCA student with study package 334 8
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 420 11
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 821 11
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 394 10
- Bank account security - Kashflow 199 2
- Unhappy client over fees 1,151 25
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 383 3
- Flat rate VAT and Work in progress 281 5
- Incorporating doctors 388 1
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 1,406 13
- HMRC Online services Issue 313 10
- VAT exempt question.. 213 4
- do i need an online accounting software 481 5
- Financing goodwill 198 3
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 631 13
- Eligibility to FRS VAT 181 2
- ltd company 255 3
- How did the VAT Office get the bank account? 303 2
- What VAT rate 177 3
- Preference Shares and Dividend Waivers 167 1
- NHS finance professionals 784
- Foreign Pension Contribution 467
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 454
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 399
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 364
- IFA income recognition & reporting 276
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 255
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 254
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 205
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 198