QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 499 9
- Incapable of reading 198 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 182 3
- How much to charge 280 4
- How to pay national insurance 228 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 233 4
- Government Gateway 1,008 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,583 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 215 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 104 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 125 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 555 14
- Selling a practice 380 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,295 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 171 1
- Dormant payroll 851 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 196 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,375 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 349
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 343
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 314
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 219
- WIP Software 209