QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Error on SA Tax Return 96 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,154 46
- dividend 129 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 97 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 246 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 154 3
- Irish Taxation 134 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 300 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 509 6
- Drector renting room to company 85 1
- Off site storage 145 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 593 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 244 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 230 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 322 4
- Self assesment losses 318 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 171 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 178 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 118 2
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 385
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 341
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 207
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 179
- Tax on damages received 178
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 145