QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Dividend taxation 169 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 90 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 155 2
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 229 4
- Paying Son 531 17
- Tax Overlap Reporting 101 3
- Employers NI allowance 394 5
- HMRC accounting 129 1
- Love is in the air 95 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 401 4
- iris update 11.9.2 441 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 246 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 658 8
- Which time limits apply? 392 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 427 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 202 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 317 3
- Just checking re PSA 259 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 347 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,603 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 496
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 264
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 251
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 230
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 227
- Capital Gains personal representatives 209
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 204