QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- How much did you pay for your website 1,207 22
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 214 4
- Fastest Software 652 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 108 1
- Where did it go? 243 2
- cancellation of Engagement 141 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 86 1
- Feuding directors 247 8
- VAT Registration for Building Company 103 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 494 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,900 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 609 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 236 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 101 1
- Benefit fraud 3,422 49
- SA Tax Returns 154 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 146 2
- Consolidated accounts 129 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,025 24
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 357 12
- CTA study material 651
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 394
- Employment related securities question 247
- ATED Penalties 221
- AIM Stocks and IHT 200
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 171
- Trust for Employee 155
- Expat pension contributions? 150
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 135
- Capital allowances 123