QuickBooks 2010 Pro
I upgraded my software from 2005 Regular (a thoroughly satisfactory and robust piece of software) to 2010 Pro as I had a new PC and so had to.
There is a maddening problem with allocating advance payments to suppliers to subsequent bills received - which causes the Unpaid Bills report, and the Aged Suppiler Balances reports to be wrong - the debits to the suppliers still sit there, while the matched off bills dissappear.
My workaround is to run these reports into Excel, and compare them to the supplier balances reports, and identify and delete the offending payments. However, as time goes on, and the data volume increases, this is becoming more and more onerous.
I have reported the issue to QuickBooks but that was a waste of time - the first adviser I spoke with had considerably less expertise in using the software than I, but didn't realise this. So I emailed QuickBooks with a detailed explanation and supporting reports to illustrate the issue, and received not so much as an acknowledgement.
I have been informed (by "Graceman" from the QuickBooks Online Community) that QB know of the problem, and that it has been eradictaed from QuickBooks 2012 - which is of no help to me as I'm not chancing upgrading. I can't afford to, I don't know that to do so would resolve the problem with the data I have, and I don't know what horrors may lurk and be ignored within 2012 to simply be resolved with another upgrade.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 18 1
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 231 8
- PAYE 267 8
- Personal Allowance for non residents 398 9
- Is appointing liquidators necessary when closing down a company with large reserve balances 267 5
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 243 6
- Employment Allowance 202 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 212 6
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 893 14
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 248 5
- xerocon 167 4
- Backdating VAT claim 106 2
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 135 3
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,442 23
- Flat rate vat on sales commissions 173 3
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,528 40
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 550 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,157 11
- Online Backup 117 2
- repairs and/or improvements 161 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 663
- Auto enrolment excuses 537
- Removed post 378
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 352
- Social investment tax relief 166
- Call Centre Data Costs 165
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 159
- Digita Hosted Software 153
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 144
- option to tax 130