Quickbooks software support plan query
Does anyone else pay for Quickbooks Pro software support? We pay monthly for QB support & have done so for approx. 6 years. The charges have increased over 50% in the last year (was paying £41 now paying £63 monthly for one user licence). Updates & a copy of the new version of program, as well as telephone support are included in this price. I am wondering if we would be better off by simply purchasing the new versions, whenever released - the latest release is available for around £200. It seems whenever we contact QB support, the advice given does not resolve all problems & as I use QB on a MAC computer (via Parallels software - which creates a Windows format on my MAC) the QB Support staff use this as an opt out for resolving any problems i.e they cannot confirm their advice will work as I am operating via a MAC computer. We rarely use the support service but have always thought it better to have it in place 'just in case'.
I guess what I want to know is if anyone else has many problems running Quickbooks latest software, without purchasing the Support Service. I am beginning to think I should cancel the Support Plan but I am unsure if I will still receive updates for any fixes/faults free of charge. I understand that new versions will have to be purchased when they are released. When I ask QB support staff if I will receive technical updates, they have avoided responding or clarifying my position, if I cancel the support plan.
Any views or advice most welcome.
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,878 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 213 4
- Turnover on a tax return 120 7
- incorrect old p60 374 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 222 3
- VAT refund 105 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 184 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 254 3
- Missing tax return 360 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,094 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 261 1
- Related party disclosure 218 3
- Company reconstruction 153 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 160 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 181 1
- Advice please! 427 2