Quickbooks software support plan query
Does anyone else pay for Quickbooks Pro software support? We pay monthly for QB support & have done so for approx. 6 years. The charges have increased over 50% in the last year (was paying £41 now paying £63 monthly for one user licence). Updates & a copy of the new version of program, as well as telephone support are included in this price. I am wondering if we would be better off by simply purchasing the new versions, whenever released - the latest release is available for around £200. It seems whenever we contact QB support, the advice given does not resolve all problems & as I use QB on a MAC computer (via Parallels software - which creates a Windows format on my MAC) the QB Support staff use this as an opt out for resolving any problems i.e they cannot confirm their advice will work as I am operating via a MAC computer. We rarely use the support service but have always thought it better to have it in place 'just in case'.
I guess what I want to know is if anyone else has many problems running Quickbooks latest software, without purchasing the Support Service. I am beginning to think I should cancel the Support Plan but I am unsure if I will still receive updates for any fixes/faults free of charge. I understand that new versions will have to be purchased when they are released. When I ask QB support staff if I will receive technical updates, they have avoided responding or clarifying my position, if I cancel the support plan.
Any views or advice most welcome.
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 229 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 241 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 594 12
- Personal Tax 494 11
- USA Tax Query 169 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 290 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 351 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 412 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 176 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 336 4
- last minute request 516 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46