Quickbooks software support plan query
Does anyone else pay for Quickbooks Pro software support? We pay monthly for QB support & have done so for approx. 6 years. The charges have increased over 50% in the last year (was paying £41 now paying £63 monthly for one user licence). Updates & a copy of the new version of program, as well as telephone support are included in this price. I am wondering if we would be better off by simply purchasing the new versions, whenever released - the latest release is available for around £200. It seems whenever we contact QB support, the advice given does not resolve all problems & as I use QB on a MAC computer (via Parallels software - which creates a Windows format on my MAC) the QB Support staff use this as an opt out for resolving any problems i.e they cannot confirm their advice will work as I am operating via a MAC computer. We rarely use the support service but have always thought it better to have it in place 'just in case'.
I guess what I want to know is if anyone else has many problems running Quickbooks latest software, without purchasing the Support Service. I am beginning to think I should cancel the Support Plan but I am unsure if I will still receive updates for any fixes/faults free of charge. I understand that new versions will have to be purchased when they are released. When I ask QB support staff if I will receive technical updates, they have avoided responding or clarifying my position, if I cancel the support plan.
Any views or advice most welcome.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 226 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 161 6
- Start up allowance? 463 13
- Old CGT loss 324 9
- New Starter Checklist 304 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 439 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 811 22
- Goodwill complications 349 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 588 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 256 3
- HMRC Distraint 247 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 210 2
- Will I need to resign? 698 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 133 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 391 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 459 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,050 16
- How to explain this to someone 280 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,428 20
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 666 15