R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 567 11
- Freehold management company 129 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,789 54
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 177 3
- 2 companies, one payroll 166 5
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 202 6
- System selection 224 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 83 1
- Director Liability 94 2
- Freelance/Employee 375 9
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 152 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 382 4
- exemptions from CIS 246 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 566 10
- Xero Pain Points 640 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 271 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 237 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,692 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 399 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 310 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 354
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 315
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 226
- Company Structure 207
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 172
- IP trans to holding company 169