R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Coding Notice 57 1
- Free invoicing software 80 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 290 17
- New business - journal entries 200 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 531 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 239 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,543 43
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 152 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 399 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 657 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 331 4
- Trade name 73 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 181 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 114 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 104 1
- Lettings expenses 111 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 359 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 338 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 305 9
- PAYE 462 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 736
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 375
- Social investment tax relief 195
- Digita Hosted Software 188
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- option to tax 168
- VAT on deposits 161
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 138