R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Overdue VAT returns 205 4
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 385 3
- Charges for completing a PAYE Settlement Agreement 356 2
- Accounting Crew 366 7
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 156 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 297 14
- What's the plural? 396 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 322 6
- PII and previous accountant 389 8
- Self Employed travel 248 5
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,688 43
- Use of aliases 560 15
- xbrl accounts and HMRC template help 552 11
- Alphabet Shares - tax implications? 1,478 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 164 2
- VAT - Quidco Cash-back 239 3
- Subsidiary or New Company? 108 2
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 363 3
- VAT on Import goods 157 4
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 126 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 564
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 415
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 318
- IFA incorporation 290
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 277
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 274
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 241
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 229
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 210
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 195