R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- When to recover vat on bad debts 107 4
- Can't find a good web address 156 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 182 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 204 5
- effective advertising 228 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 184 8
- Software recommendations 311 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 145 3
- Edible spam? 802 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 299 5
- Put fees on website 281 6
- Director resignation 216 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,540 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,324 4
- Sigma Red 1,412 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 341 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 107 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 182 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 451 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 518 7
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 477
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 464
- WIP Software 336
- No payroll scheme in place 288
- Is there anything wrong with this? 258
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 252
- Small Part Disposal of Property 228
- Uncommercial property business 221
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 192
- SA Penalty 181