R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 277 9
- Practice management 147 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 59 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 211 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 82 1
- IHT and cash gifts 65 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 135 7
- Clothing 165 4
- VAT registration transfer 152 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 577 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 89 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 105 2
- Director drawings 396 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 97 1
- HMRC SA302s 205 3
- What does the "K" signify 433 7
- Director or self-employed 157 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 128 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 907
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 611
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 579
- Latest phishing scam 532
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 378
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 348
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 200
- Capital allowances in first basis period 189
- Sabbatical payments 177