R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 45 1
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 334 5
- Auto Enrolment 49 1
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 292 8
- Large director's pension contribution 365 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 564 13
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 151 8
- will this work for IHT 298 3
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 185 3
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 186 2
- Online or Paper 64-8? 380 7
- Notes on related parties 110 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 288 2
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 612 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 586 20
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 431 8
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 460 9
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 593 9
- iris update 11.9.2 402 6
- Sports Sponsorship 257 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 774
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 460
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 268
- CGT for NOn UK residents 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 204
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 181
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173