R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 59 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,722 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 238 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 367 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 271 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 240 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 900 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 190 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 119 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 395 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 152 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,727 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 159 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,055 49
- deceased creditor 213 5
- Corporate member of LLP 283 1
- Investment company 276 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 542
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 309
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 291
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 276
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260