R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- P11d error 396 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 126 1
- New use of home - simplified method 86 1
- Associated companies 82 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 200 12
- Rental Income 218 2
- Share restructure 304 11
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 476 8
- Paperless office question 143 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 389 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 920 5
- Stock Valuation 124 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 469 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,893 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 95 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 167 2
- Newsletter 218 4
- Business Challenges 502 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 418 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 273 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 493
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 327
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 325
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 167
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 163