R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 566 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,232 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 184 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,454 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 160 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 820 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 62 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 277 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 77 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 181 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,066 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 396 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 139 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 206 3
- FPS or EPS 154 2
- Continuity of Practice 208 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 133 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 316 10
- Financial statements accounting policies 249 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 173 3
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 225
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197