R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Cash basis 574 16
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 199 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 280 7
- Fee base v staff ratio 491 7
- payroll software 439 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 244 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 65 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 257 3
- Statutory sick pay 357 5
- client threatening legal action 2,164 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 153 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 211 1
- Instant CPD offer 321 3
- Income from rent charged to business 196 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 467 5
- Dividend in specie 386 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 193 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 156 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 287 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 306 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 315
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 234
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 137
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135