R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Declined for business bank account 117 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,465 282
- business card address 243 6
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 183 3
- Loan to a related company 41 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 601 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 315 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 223 8
- property rental income split 101 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 91 1
- Payroll provider 132 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 136 1
- Family loan 356 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 371 5
- Standard 'email' template system 818 13
- Donations (to a school!) 333 10
- Circular shareholding 157 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 264 1
- Employment related securities question 560 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,107
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 182
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 162