R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Partnership returns software 112 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 818 18
- Tasks for new trainees 170 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 284 10
- VAT on garage rent 150 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 97 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 171 3
- Property scam victim 326 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 251 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 67 1
- Have i messed up? 760 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 427 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 122 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 84 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 88 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 581 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 111 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,659 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 277 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,101
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 579
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 386
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 291
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 157