R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,318 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 259 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 850 18
- NALS Accountants Report 95 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,465 35
- Legal title not in the company name 264 10
- Dividend dates 558 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 120 3
- Sole properietor 165 4
- transitioning payroll 233 8
- dividend proposals 101 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 230 2
- Deduction from Salary 294 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 188 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,723 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 87 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 435 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 158 2
- 12 Pay Problems 253 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 88 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 623
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175