R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 283 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 125 5
- Buy to let and capitak gain 89 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 281 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 447 10
- are receipts needed? 592 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 249 3
- Bookkeping software 699 7
- Clogged Losses 273 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 250 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 306 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 256 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 114 1
- General tax book with planning 247 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 186 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 199 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 212 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 518
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 151
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149