R&D tax relief computations
Client company with year end of 31 December 2011. Let's assume there are R&D costs capitalised of £100k. For the accounting period in question, I start off by taking the £100k costs, splitting this into two periods (3 months to 31/03/11 and then the remainder) and then applying 175% relief to the pre-31/03/11 costs and 200% relief to the post-31/03/11 costs to arrive at the allowable deduction in the adjusted loss computation.
Then, when the surrenderable loss is arrived at (let's say £300k for example), again this is split into pre and post 31/03/11 figures on a days basis and the repayable tax credit is 14% and 12.5% respectively.
Once arriving at the repayable tax credit, if this figure is more than the company's PAYE and NIC liabilities for the year, the repayable credit is restricted to the PAYE and NIC per the payroll.
Does this sound correct? I am, of course, assuming all other conditions and relief within the SME scheme are applicable in this example.
Thanks for any help folks.
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 212 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 311 8
- PITA ex-client 28 1
- Audit 366 10
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 806 21
- Scottish Independance 856 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 41 1
- Funding Circle experience 41 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 684 20
- Awkward IP 1,476 16
- New supplier 78 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 48 2
- Buying a horse?? 285 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 205 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,116 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 971 11
- What's in a name ? 1,142 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 222 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 504 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 796 22
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 441
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 212
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154