Reclaim of VAT on lorry diesel in EU
I cannot seem to get my head round how to make a reclaim for lorry diesel purchased in France mostly, sometimes Germany, Spain, etc.
Purchases are mostly on Shell Card so the information is readily available. Do we also need to send the little slips issued at the pump as well as the .pdf invoices supplied by Shell online.
Some fuel expenses are made by Barclaycard - again, is the statement enough or are the tiny slips required too?
Very occasionally payment is made in euros in cash, again a tiny receipt slip is held for the purchase
Will take ages to scan all those in..
Do we make the claim online on Form VAT65A ?
Is VAT on fuel reclaimable anyway? For information, the company is a Removals company for private individuals - either moving to EU or back from EU and as the customers are private individuals we charge a UK invoice with VAT at standard rate, as the total for the year is under the French de minimus limit (e100,000).
Just trying to put the claim in for period 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011 and am aware that the 30th September deadline is rapidly approaching..
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,400 385
- P11D Query 160 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 146 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 140 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 93 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,255 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 499 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 265 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,280 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 123 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 174 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 111 1
- Scottish but not UK 323 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 289 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 101 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 444 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 106 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 300 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 332
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 326
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 244
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152