Reclaim of VAT on lorry diesel in EU
I cannot seem to get my head round how to make a reclaim for lorry diesel purchased in France mostly, sometimes Germany, Spain, etc.
Purchases are mostly on Shell Card so the information is readily available. Do we also need to send the little slips issued at the pump as well as the .pdf invoices supplied by Shell online.
Some fuel expenses are made by Barclaycard - again, is the statement enough or are the tiny slips required too?
Very occasionally payment is made in euros in cash, again a tiny receipt slip is held for the purchase
Will take ages to scan all those in..
Do we make the claim online on Form VAT65A ?
Is VAT on fuel reclaimable anyway? For information, the company is a Removals company for private individuals - either moving to EU or back from EU and as the customers are private individuals we charge a UK invoice with VAT at standard rate, as the total for the year is under the French de minimus limit (e100,000).
Just trying to put the claim in for period 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011 and am aware that the 30th September deadline is rapidly approaching..
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,190 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 230 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 241 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 595 12
- Personal Tax 494 11
- USA Tax Query 170 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 291 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 601 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 351 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 412 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 176 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 336 4
- last minute request 516 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46