Reclaim of VAT on lorry diesel in EU
I cannot seem to get my head round how to make a reclaim for lorry diesel purchased in France mostly, sometimes Germany, Spain, etc.
Purchases are mostly on Shell Card so the information is readily available. Do we also need to send the little slips issued at the pump as well as the .pdf invoices supplied by Shell online.
Some fuel expenses are made by Barclaycard - again, is the statement enough or are the tiny slips required too?
Very occasionally payment is made in euros in cash, again a tiny receipt slip is held for the purchase
Will take ages to scan all those in..
Do we make the claim online on Form VAT65A ?
Is VAT on fuel reclaimable anyway? For information, the company is a Removals company for private individuals - either moving to EU or back from EU and as the customers are private individuals we charge a UK invoice with VAT at standard rate, as the total for the year is under the French de minimus limit (e100,000).
Just trying to put the claim in for period 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011 and am aware that the 30th September deadline is rapidly approaching..
- Xmas party 164 2
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 389 8
- Fixed asset registers 322 10
- Tech Champion of the Year 273 6
- Just because it's Friday 333 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,373 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 177 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 111 4
- Capital Allowances 171 4
- equipment rental 224 10
- Acquisition by company 141 5
- Non sequitur 549 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,520 23
- R&D on products not sold 102 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 951 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 203 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 655 9
- Transfer of land to family members 115 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 603 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 233 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,370
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 243
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 186
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 170
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141