Reclaim of VAT on lorry diesel in EU
I cannot seem to get my head round how to make a reclaim for lorry diesel purchased in France mostly, sometimes Germany, Spain, etc.
Purchases are mostly on Shell Card so the information is readily available. Do we also need to send the little slips issued at the pump as well as the .pdf invoices supplied by Shell online.
Some fuel expenses are made by Barclaycard - again, is the statement enough or are the tiny slips required too?
Very occasionally payment is made in euros in cash, again a tiny receipt slip is held for the purchase
Will take ages to scan all those in..
Do we make the claim online on Form VAT65A ?
Is VAT on fuel reclaimable anyway? For information, the company is a Removals company for private individuals - either moving to EU or back from EU and as the customers are private individuals we charge a UK invoice with VAT at standard rate, as the total for the year is under the French de minimus limit (e100,000).
Just trying to put the claim in for period 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011 and am aware that the 30th September deadline is rapidly approaching..
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 177 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 127 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 117 2
- You know its over 225 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 153 3
- Cocaine anyone? 454 8
- Late Registration for VAT 471 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 258 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 400 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 397 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 667 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 532 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 558 4
- Personal pension 391 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 215 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,198 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 899 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 138 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,514 22
- Hive up 483
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 448
- corporate hierarchy 429
- Advice - 265
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 218
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 202
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 167