Reclaim of VAT on lorry diesel in EU
I cannot seem to get my head round how to make a reclaim for lorry diesel purchased in France mostly, sometimes Germany, Spain, etc.
Purchases are mostly on Shell Card so the information is readily available. Do we also need to send the little slips issued at the pump as well as the .pdf invoices supplied by Shell online.
Some fuel expenses are made by Barclaycard - again, is the statement enough or are the tiny slips required too?
Very occasionally payment is made in euros in cash, again a tiny receipt slip is held for the purchase
Will take ages to scan all those in..
Do we make the claim online on Form VAT65A ?
Is VAT on fuel reclaimable anyway? For information, the company is a Removals company for private individuals - either moving to EU or back from EU and as the customers are private individuals we charge a UK invoice with VAT at standard rate, as the total for the year is under the French de minimus limit (e100,000).
Just trying to put the claim in for period 1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011 and am aware that the 30th September deadline is rapidly approaching..
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,335 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 135 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 188 10
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 119 5
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 67 2
- break even point 824 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 395 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 637 19
- National Insurance Contributions 186 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 158 6
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,096 9
- Limited Company trading status. 76 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 170 1
- Dividends 130 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 393 11
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 204 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,388 28
- Classic cars investment 407 11
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 235 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 286 4
- Possible Partnership? 491
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 464
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 281
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 245
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 237
- Loans to other companies 185
- Tasbook email configuration 175