Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Payment plans for clients 285 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 75 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 192 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 475 14
- Employee steeling client data 119 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,357 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 190 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 133 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 92 1
- CT600 275 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 213 4
- signature required 914 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 193 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 339 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 332 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 157 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 90 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 154 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 98 1
- Lease 149 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 855
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 549
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 182
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 146