Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Tax code for Companies House fees 88 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 187 3
- Company Reorganisation 118 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 618 10
- Employee Loan 157 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 445 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 557 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 91 1
- Wear and tear allowance 438 6
- Accountants' Error 589 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 333 6
- Buying accountancy practice 619 10
- Paperless office 1,071 7
- Accountant Error 382 6
- Auto enrolment 136 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 406 5
- Shareholder agreement 109 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 278 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 253 12
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 278 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,441
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 749
- Any views 683
- HMRC Employers Diary 517
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 342
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 242
- IRIS Open Books problem 235