Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Capital Gain? 408 11
- IHT Query 65 2
- Reversing out RTI 116 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 297 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 847 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 301 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 271 6
- BrightPay 613 18
- Classic cars investment 242 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 233 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 323 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 348 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 273 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 273 2
- H&W company 252 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 207 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 173 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 189 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 811 32
- VAT silly question 2,417 56
- Benchmarking 497
- Possible Partnership? 440
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 415
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 415
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 360
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 215
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 212
- Clubs and Taxable Income 204
- Income tax on foreign dividends 195
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 189