Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,090 20
- What do your junior staff do? 103 3
- PPR Relief, 3 years for 'any reason' 305 1
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 244 8
- Where has Portia gone? 926 40
- Practice management software 909 16
- Spousal transfer and PPR 455 14
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,714 32
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,575 72
- Rogue Accountant 2,887 46
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,314 19
- HMRC Scam 297 2
- Departments in Sage 50 106 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 278 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 323 4
- Capital Gains? 270 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 109 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 81 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 467 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 138 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 775
- RTI - duplicate employee record 515
- Pensions Regulator 441
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 397
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 279
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 230
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 230