Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 127 3
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 119 3
- error on companies house accounts 166 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 127 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 241 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 82 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 163 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 211 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 354 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 249 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 175 2
- Generic Notification Notices 136 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 454 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 440 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 100 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 421 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 421
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 269
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166