Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Donations (to a school!) 418 11
- Company Accounts 63 1
- Vat on Royalites 76 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,106 34
- Vat treatment of charity business income 60 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,152 341
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 830 17
- Umbrella Company 131 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 422 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 74 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 141 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 422 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 160 3
- property rental income split 254 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 466 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 123 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 93 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,266 5
- Use of home for storage 325 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 324 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,185
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 403
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 314
- National Insurance 308
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 260
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 233
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 218
- Franchise income and costs 201
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 147