Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- New Employers Helpline 110 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 205 5
- Overlap relief 711 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,251 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 167 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 174 4
- VAT Query 159 2
- Sacked my first client 607 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 397 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 207 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,250 24
- Share transfer question 249 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 608 11
- Trades and deadlines 129 3
- How to pay national insurance 646 18
- New Website Look 1,071 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 258 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 224 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 163 4
- Marketing and email surprises 349 7
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 418
- WIP Software 285
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 217
- No payroll scheme in place 215
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 194
- Software recommendations 193
- Is there anything wrong with this? 186
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 182