Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Unhappy client over fees 1,476 35
- Capital Gains Tax and Enhancement 83 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 225 3
- Profit split /Rent 102 2
- Accounting software for investment holding company 198 2
- Disposal of freehold from Ltd Co to another Ltd in a newly formed group 97 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 206 2
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 250 5
- Multi user accounting software 150 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 124 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 232 2
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 209 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 420 11
- do i need an online accounting software 563 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 126 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 697 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 261 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,040 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 212 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 332 4
- NHS finance professionals 794
- Foreign Pension Contribution 479
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 473
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 408
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 376
- IFA income recognition & reporting 282
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 266
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 257
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 212
- FRM claim for travel to training course 212