Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 207 6
- Share swap 387 13
- Late P45 170 5
- Know it alls (who don't) 486 13
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 160 3
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 417 13
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 33 1
- CIC accounts submission 74 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 580 20
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 83 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 420 9
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 263 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,492 44
- What does it mean?? 466 12
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 1,078 13
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 230 4
- VAT & Landlords 211 6
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 107 2
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 171 5
- Tax advice person/business 255 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,563
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 863
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 247
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 234
- Management expenses for investment company 223
- Bonus Bonds 216
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 204
- Check my logic on this please? 190