Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 274 8
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 79 2
- Employment Allowance 316 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 82 2
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,339 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 118 4
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 101 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 928 21
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 356 9
- Company Structure 266 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,051 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 40 1
- Accountant Specialization. 89 1
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 202 3
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 247 1
- Director Liability 230 4
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 395 5
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 234 2
- Freelance/Employee 488 13
- 2 companies, one payroll 293 9
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 362
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Electric Car 274
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 177
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 167
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 158
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 156
- AIA 153