Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Marriage Allowance 153 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,023 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 326 4
- S455 and February year ends 211 7
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 371 9
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,234 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 752 18
- Closing down loss-making company 398 5
- S.455 Tax again 262 3
- New Build 321 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 357 4
- Mortgage Reference 769 10
- RTI offline? 150 1
- Right To Manage Company 250 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 148 1
- Giving shares away 308 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 609 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 252 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 200 4
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 270 2