Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 691 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 493 2
- dividends 686 2
- R&D 344 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 460 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 451 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 670 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 611 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 457 2
- Moving to the cloud 765 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 927 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 226 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,109 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 360
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 333
- Marginal rates of tax 324
- USA help 324
- Class 2 NI 310
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302