Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Contract worker paying Employers NI 21 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 559 16
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,603 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 400 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,355 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,627 19
- "Audit Report" 190 3
- Free invoicing software 242 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 136 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 216 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 115 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 767 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 214 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 239 2
- Coding Notice 262 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 280 6
- New business - journal entries 439 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 247 3
- Payroll software 673 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 305 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 913
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 730
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 224
- accounting for this transaction 216
- Call Centre Data Costs 210
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 192
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 186
- Travel costs and contractors 180