Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 69 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 179 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 246 8
- Director's tax return 322 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 87 1
- Sage Payroll 308 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 201 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,055 33
- vat return 257 3
- Flat rate vat 141 1
- Value pricing 730 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 161 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 229 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 292 4
- Reregister for VAT 156 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 204 6
- Weely paid employees 256 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 504 11
- Wrong career 497 18
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 804
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 554
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 301
- Free Tax Legislation? 270
- Director Loan account operation 252
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 250
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 161