Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 677 22
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 501 15
- Do I need to pay my accountant 853 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,093 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 101 1
- Audit 111 1
- carry back of gift aid 170 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 293 8
- Awkward IP 1,189 12
- What's in a name ? 964 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 854 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 194 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 555 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 233 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 385 6
- Potentially dodgy client 414 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 561 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 460 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 400 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 552 23
- CTA study material 785
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 426
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 270
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 264
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 200
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154