Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 185 3
- Companies House incorporation service 207 8
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,485 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 541 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 256 2
- How to opt out? 384 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 72 1
- utr 147 4
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 142 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 303 7
- P9D or P11D 724 7
- CT return error message 382 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,707 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 101 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 97 1
- Audit rules 376 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 297 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 837 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 193 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 278
- CIS schemes 213
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 172
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 172