Reclaiming PAYE tax on flexible drawdown payment in advance of self assessment at end of tax year
My father entered into a flexible drawdown product in March 2012, having previously been in a capped drawdown product with the same provider (he is 71 years of age).
His intention has been to draw the maximum amount of money he can from his fund each year so that he remains within Basic Rate tax (he has approximately £22k of other pension income per annum from both State and an employer final salary pension).
With this in mind he requested drawdown of £20k from the provider, and this has been made in April 2012 (2012-13 tax year). The provider has applied tax code/basis of 810L to to the payment which has resulted in tax of £7,839 being deducted meaning the net payment was £12,161.
I appreciate that he will have a basic rate liability of 20% to pay and that, assuming his other income receipts in the current year means he is only liable to basic rate tax for the year, under self assessment he will be able to reclaim the additional tax suffered at the end of the tax year.
Is there any way to accelerate recovery of the near £4k of additional tax he has suffered - he would like to benefit from the interest (however small that may be given the current economic climate) rather than allowing the tax man to?
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 544 10
- Agent online self service 594 14
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 339 7
- Accountant won't release working papers 3,001 54
- Are Property Design Exhibitions Claimable 98 2
- Not renewing AAT 750 9
- What's the best software for this? 435 4
- Email encryption 1,422 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,243 22
- Next Move 777 21
- Zoho Books 191 1
- Self-assessment statistics 2,508 59
- Transmission of ISA 169 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 244 2
- CGT of shares gifted 396 6
- New dividend taxation 583 3
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 199 1
- Company car v company allowance 339 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 450 9
- Company formation and bank account 488 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 675
- Property letting & CAs 406
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 350
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Costly Accounting Software contract 244
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- DTA tie-breaker issue 221
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 211