I am currently working in a very small accountancy practice (as accounts senior), and would like to get into a larger firm, still working in an accounts related job, but preferably not in an accountancy practice.
I very rarely see accounting jobs advertised other than through recruitment agents, so I have twice tried to find new employment through several agencies. They have always said in the initial interview that they have plenty of jobs, of the type I would like, that they could put me forward for, and seem very positive towards me. When it comes down to it however, they are only willing to put me forward for jobs that are exactly what I am trying to get out of - small accountancy practice jobs. They do not seem willing to consider anyone without prior experience of exactly the same role.
Has everyone had the same experience with agencies? If so, how do you get round this attitude? If not, have I just gone to the wrong agencies or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 120 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,154 45
- Mortgage Reference 73 1
- Practical experience 832 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 408 9
- Personal Tax 121 1
- VAT 302 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 163 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 120 1
- last minute request 223 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 76 1
- Cash gift from India 488 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 74 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 416 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 98 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 243 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 652 6
- Overseas workday relief 162 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 315 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 670 13