I am currently working in a very small accountancy practice (as accounts senior), and would like to get into a larger firm, still working in an accounts related job, but preferably not in an accountancy practice.
I very rarely see accounting jobs advertised other than through recruitment agents, so I have twice tried to find new employment through several agencies. They have always said in the initial interview that they have plenty of jobs, of the type I would like, that they could put me forward for, and seem very positive towards me. When it comes down to it however, they are only willing to put me forward for jobs that are exactly what I am trying to get out of - small accountancy practice jobs. They do not seem willing to consider anyone without prior experience of exactly the same role.
Has everyone had the same experience with agencies? If so, how do you get round this attitude? If not, have I just gone to the wrong agencies or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 106 2
- flat rate scheme 1,908 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 249 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 115 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 122 3
- Company Share Buy Back 117 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 924 15
- Unpaid share capital 253 3
- Company car in the LLP 180 2
- Physiotherapy 339 4
- New build property to be rented 171 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,884 52
- Hello 360 2
- Sage 200 question 115 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 107 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 181 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 184 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 220 4