I am currently working in a very small accountancy practice (as accounts senior), and would like to get into a larger firm, still working in an accounts related job, but preferably not in an accountancy practice.
I very rarely see accounting jobs advertised other than through recruitment agents, so I have twice tried to find new employment through several agencies. They have always said in the initial interview that they have plenty of jobs, of the type I would like, that they could put me forward for, and seem very positive towards me. When it comes down to it however, they are only willing to put me forward for jobs that are exactly what I am trying to get out of - small accountancy practice jobs. They do not seem willing to consider anyone without prior experience of exactly the same role.
Has everyone had the same experience with agencies? If so, how do you get round this attitude? If not, have I just gone to the wrong agencies or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Networking 39 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 249 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 132 1
- Turnover on a tax return 248 8
- incorrect old p60 431 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 289 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,919 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 268 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 238 3
- VAT refund 159 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 239 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 262 3
- Missing tax return 383 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,119 30
- Inflation and fees 1,404 24
- Sage Priority Support 187 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 840 24
- Micro-entity accounts 290 1
- Related party disclosure 235 3
- Company reconstruction 165 1