Refurb of holiday cottage
I neighbour has asked me to help her with her self assessment due in a couple of weeks.
The story goes:
She bought the 2nd property about 15 yrs ago but mid 2008 she decided to start letting it through an agency. She did a big refurb costing £15k however she has not submitted a tax return for the 2 yrs. The property makes a tiny profit.
My question is what can be claimed back with regards the £15k refurb?
Thanks alot any help would be greatly appreciated.
- How much of your work is admin? 611 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 85 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 42 1
- Nominal Ledger 378 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 546 20
- Running two businesses from the same premises 384 4
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 191 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 180 2
- Old CGT loss 200 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 157 3
- Paper tax return 144 4
- Start up allowance? 370 12
- Will I need to resign? 163 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,350 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 243 3
- AIA or IFA 448 7
- Surely not? 453 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 637 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 357 7
- Late Registration for VAT 359 11