Refurb of holiday cottage
I neighbour has asked me to help her with her self assessment due in a couple of weeks.
The story goes:
She bought the 2nd property about 15 yrs ago but mid 2008 she decided to start letting it through an agency. She did a big refurb costing £15k however she has not submitted a tax return for the 2 yrs. The property makes a tiny profit.
My question is what can be claimed back with regards the £15k refurb?
Thanks alot any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 667 17
- incorrect old p60 81 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 468 4
- VAT on new builds 101 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 337 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 112 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 104 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 115 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,808 26
- Missing tax return 148 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 915 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 272 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 154 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 549 18
- Physiotherapy 235 3
- Inflation and fees 1,212 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 157 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 276 8
- CGT help please 140 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 342 7