Registering for Self Assessment - Previous years
I am acting on behalf of a new client who has accumulated a couple of UK properties and now wishes to register with HMRC
for tax purposes .
The issue is that the first property was purchased in 2008/09 and since a couple more have been purchased in the period 2009/10
to 2011/12 .
Although I have not seen the books in detail the client has assured me they have not accumulated any substantial profits in this period
ie initial cost of improving the properties , letting agency fees and mortgage interest payments have negated any taxable profits .
My question is this , on registration , do they register say from today and when the time comes submit a return for 2012/13 only ( providing
there is no tax liablity for previous years ) or when submitting the first return do I need to aggregate 5 years ( assuming a 2008/09 to
2012/13 period ) .
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 112 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 468 5
- flat rate scheme 140 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 78 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 119 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 194 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 279 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 297 2
- IT Contractor 286 1