Related Company VAT Transactions (Cash/Invoice accounting loophole?)
The infamous, reputable and infallable "Bloke Down The Pub & Co." have discovered another gem in the plain sight of the tax community. But we've failed to see it apparently! Shame on you.
A client, who happens to have two VAT registered Companies, has received some excellent advice to issue an invoice, from one to the other... for say, management services or whatever you like, with incredibly generous payment terms as you would naturally expect.
The idea being one Company is on the invoice accounting basis, the one receiving the input vat charge, whilst the "service provider" is on cash accounting. Effectively, this generates an interest free loan.. for as long a credit term as one Company will give the other... All courtesy of the VAT man! Very generous.
My question is.. This smacks of fraud. Surely not allowable, right? But can the boffins point to any cases where people got smacked bottoms?
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 291 8
- Disengagement Help! 508 15
- Restricted interest relief 49 1
- Benefit in Kind 53 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 835 16
- Renewals on property rental business 58 1
- Windows 10 anyone? 40 1
- Not a question - just a POI 96 3
- MVL 54 2
- Bankstream 1,041 24
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 166 2
- SDLT 231 7
- Xerocon 2016 582 11
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 361 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 102 1
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 233 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,569 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 61 1
- Software that posts COGS? 614 14
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 543 20