Relevance of ACCA / CIMA/ ACA syllabus
Given the increasing diligence being required of businesses, and the the potential penalties for failing to comply, - there is a huge risk factor emerging with young talent being brought into both practice and industry.
For a blog being written i'd be interested in hearing views about how Members view the relevancy of ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc and in particular the syllabus' covered during studies, and how relevant they are to the modern workplace. I don't necessarily mean the technical skills to be able to consolidate a set of accounts for example, but, in preparing the students for entry into the workplace whereby a mistake can readily result in very significant consequences.
Given that ACCA et al all offer slightly differing focus in their syllabi, would Members have any preference between them when it comes to understanding which scheme generates finalists that are most likely to find the transition from student to Member the easiest, and the hardest.
As the Associations review the syllabus on a regular basis, and they are likely to have changed significantly since many readers of this site qualified, (I'm not disparaging the current quality of the syllabus), - is there a trend in the way that the syllabus' are changing, and is this for the furtherance of the profession at large?
All comments genuinely appreciated - I will feed back with the final blog link
- Family Partnership 250 7
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 316 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 121 2
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 103 3
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 56 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 170 4
- flat rate scheme 2,330 47
- Signed accounts for bank 642 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 831 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 171 5
- VAT Query on new build 105 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 140 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 146 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 93 1
- P11D Car Value 259 6
- NOVA declaration 104 1
- Business valuation advice 709 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,509 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,227 23