Relevance of ACCA / CIMA/ ACA syllabus
Given the increasing diligence being required of businesses, and the the potential penalties for failing to comply, - there is a huge risk factor emerging with young talent being brought into both practice and industry.
For a blog being written i'd be interested in hearing views about how Members view the relevancy of ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc and in particular the syllabus' covered during studies, and how relevant they are to the modern workplace. I don't necessarily mean the technical skills to be able to consolidate a set of accounts for example, but, in preparing the students for entry into the workplace whereby a mistake can readily result in very significant consequences.
Given that ACCA et al all offer slightly differing focus in their syllabi, would Members have any preference between them when it comes to understanding which scheme generates finalists that are most likely to find the transition from student to Member the easiest, and the hardest.
As the Associations review the syllabus on a regular basis, and they are likely to have changed significantly since many readers of this site qualified, (I'm not disparaging the current quality of the syllabus), - is there a trend in the way that the syllabus' are changing, and is this for the furtherance of the profession at large?
All comments genuinely appreciated - I will feed back with the final blog link
- property capital gains 178 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 183 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,173 13
- Tips on meals 201 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 521 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 182 3
- Personal Tax 741 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 217 2
- Stumped - IHT 172 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 415 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 475 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,288 33
- Credit management tools 160 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 775 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 415 7
- CGT and primary residence 189 1
- Marriage Allowance 294 3
- S455 and February year ends 346 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 902 18
- Closing down loss-making company 467 5