Remortgage / Bank Loan
One of our clients rents out 2 properties and wants to renovate a third.
They approached the bank who have given them a remortgage on their own home as an interest only mortgage to the value of X
They had outstanding loans with the same bank so the bank deducted the outstanding and deposited a balance of Y in their account.
They will be using Y to renovate the third property.
Am I right in thinking that because the remortgage is on their own home that I cannot claim any of the interest back as an allowable expense on the self assessment?
Any help much appreciated.
- PPR election - what do you think? 217 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 107 3
- Comments on this scenario 111 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,636 67
- Penalties 111 1
- SAGE con 222 4
- rates of pay query 218 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 88 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 139 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 199 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 107 1
- Overpayment relief claim 154 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 671 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 226 3
- Related Parties Note 420 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 109 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 132 4
- loss on carbon credits 112 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,017
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 555
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 363
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 211
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151