Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 476 10
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 171 4
- Which software for practice books? 352 15
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 178 6
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 82 2
- VAT enquiry 139 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 464 15
- Inheritance tax 245 13
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 72 1
- Accountant software 304 8
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 145 3
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 283 6
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 116 5
- Tax residence 97 2
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 144 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,677 33
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 237 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,905 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 121 1
- Renting property to yourself 342 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 651
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 486
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 278
- How to format a stock book 237
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 197
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 191
- Tax efficient holding company structure 179
- Investment property company accounts template 165
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 163