Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- CGT on spouse's death 64 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 377 8
- Payroll software 166 4
- Company UTR numbers 285 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 343 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 635 30
- Mortgage Adviser's request 114 3
- Starting Again 109 1
- Summer house for business only 52 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 83 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 546 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 117 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 107 3
- How do you count your clients 394 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 145 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 106 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 465 9
- Property Expenses 112 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 151 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 739 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 588
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 576
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 374
- Pensions Regulator 344
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 277
- Government Gateway - VAT 271
- Using the correct forms 259
- SA penalty proposals 243
- RTI - duplicate employee record 229
- Accelerated payment notices 224