Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Working out a daily rate 59 5
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,818 62
- Auto enrolment 1,189 13
- Payroll dates 69 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 270 8
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 399 23
- Withholding of tax 67 1
- missing 907 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 128 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 75 1
- are receipts needed? 120 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 504 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 186 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 142 7
- Partnership merger 81 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 713 25
- Know it alls (who don't) 838 19
- VAT on motor expenses 996 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 184 3
- Reposted question 163 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 868
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 225
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 215
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 160