Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,658 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 276 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,546 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 63 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 202 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 218 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 810 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 87 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,294 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 113 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 490 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 489 20
- trading losses allowable? 757 14
- Post AAT? 686 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 136 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2