Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- I have missing sales invoices 325 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 172 1
- is my company accounts right? 626 16
- Invoice Help 340 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 205 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 332 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,376 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 342 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 929 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,037 26
- Directors Subsistence 172 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 232 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 413 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 260 3
- Final year's accounts 330 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,907 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,479 20
- Free Shares ? 327 6
- Dividend dates 330 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 295 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 215
- Probiz 204
- What's the market like for temps? 199
- CIS Deductions 161
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 157