Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 639 5
- See you all on the other side 690 6
- 12Pay 457 2
- dividends 604 2
- R&D 316 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 438 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 405 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 372 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 641 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 546 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 426 2
- Moving to the cloud 743 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 903 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 208 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,090 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 500 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 290
- Class 2 NI 274