Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Easy way to not pay tax 75 2
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 184 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 210 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 428 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 266 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 124 2
- Was I rude 809 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 311 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 217 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 293 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 297 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 205 6
- Non-compete agreement 186 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 202 1
- Any views 741 1
- IRIS Practice Management 153 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 114 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 109 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 183 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 311 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,487
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 825
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 396
- NOVA 297
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 209
- Bonus Bonds 180
- Management expenses for investment company 177
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 169