Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 113 6
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 258 15
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,980 338
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 31 1
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 234 8
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,161 17
- property rental income split 213 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 277 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 301 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 382 17
- What should I do for 'free' 558 6
- Declined for business bank account 480 7
- Negativer Payslip Request 232 3
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 673 14
- Family loan 1,179 16
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 144 5
- FIFA game and making money 1,241 12
- Use of home for storage 262 5
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 1,224 11
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 241 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,174
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 396
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 310
- National Insurance 303
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 256
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 230
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 226
- Non Resident 211
- Franchise income and costs 198
- Hands on experience of Digita 138