Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Personal pension 257 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 106 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 31 1
- Registering a company late 304 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,057 27
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 184 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 115 6
- Deferred Tax 256 5
- Late Registration for VAT 209 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,272 17
- How much of your work is admin? 379 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 194 3
- physiotherapy clinic 607 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 212 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 326 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,828 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 295 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,991 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 123 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 124 1
- TheTax Donut 1,016
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 418
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 331
- AIA or IFA 216