Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 695 23
- The stupidity continues 1,093 61
- transactions after account have been closed 278 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 52 1
- Marketing and email surprises 407 8
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 296 5
- Mlom bollocks 142 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 59 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 152 1
- AML report needed? 56 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 566 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 362 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 266 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 258 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 157 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,359 25
- New Employers Helpline 217 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Share transfer question 401 17
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 238
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 185