Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Starting up in practice - safety net 170 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 347 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 99 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 331 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 225 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 317 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 385 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 161 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 200 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 499 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 188 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,140 34
- Flat rate vat 245 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 397 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180