Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 239 7
- Directors loan accounts 369 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 312 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 251 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 101 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 172 1
- Employed clients and expenses 793 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,032 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 695 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 900 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,102 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 507 18
- I.d for vat registration 270 10
- Bookkeping software 901 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 287 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 251 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 345 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 127 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 159 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 540
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 374
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 139