Rental expenses for replacements
I have a client who in the middle of 2011/12 moved out of the family home and commenced to let it (it had been let before but stopped in 2004).
The property is partially furnished so will not qualify for W&T.
Just before letting commenced the client purchased a new washing machine, dryer and cooker as the old ones were out of date and would not pass the electrical tests for let properties. Can these costs be claimed against the rents?
Under renewals you can claim for replacements but not the original items, these are replacements but the original costs of the items would not have been claimed against any rents so I assume I can not make a claim for these replacements.
I spoke to a few collagues and some said they would as they are replacements.
I would be interested in others views and why/if they calim such expenses.
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 23 1
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 182 11
- Complicated Company car purchase 242 3
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 76 1
- payroll software 413 6
- Statutory sick pay 345 5
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 257 5
- client threatening legal action 2,139 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 143 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 182 1
- Instant CPD offer 307 4
- Cash basis 543 13
- Income from rent charged to business 180 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 462 5
- Dividend in specie 378 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 191 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 153 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 285 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 302 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 186 3
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 312
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 311
- Employee rewards 294
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 262
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 193
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135