rental income claim for loss relief
An SA claim has been made "in time " for rental income losses for the year 2006/07 to be carried forward.
The return for 2007/08 was commenced on the 01/04/2012 and genuinely returned too late on the evening of the 05/04/2012 only to find the return could not be filed .
Two questions ;
Is there a case for appeal for late submission of 2007/08 return because HMRC failed to provide a filing service (despite there advance notice ) on such a sensitive day, the issue is the claiming of loss relief forward in respect of the rental income losses for 2007/08, hmrc will of course collect the taxes due on other income as reported in the "out of time" return ?
If in a worst case the claim for 2007/08 was deemed out of date for a claim for loss relief , does this affect the ability to carry forward the losses for 2006/07 bearing in mind they were claimed " in time"
- Xerocon 2016 1,307 38
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 910 25
- BrightPay quirks 294 3
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 399 10
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 77 2
- VAT disaggregation 74 1
- Appointment of director 61 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 503 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 210 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 273 3
- Mortgage Reference 613 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 339 7
- Insovent companies 915 19
- New Build 250 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,319 48
- Website Content 236 1
- Personal Tax 670 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 233 1
- USA Tax Query 339 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 454 5