rental income claim for loss relief
An SA claim has been made "in time " for rental income losses for the year 2006/07 to be carried forward.
The return for 2007/08 was commenced on the 01/04/2012 and genuinely returned too late on the evening of the 05/04/2012 only to find the return could not be filed .
Two questions ;
Is there a case for appeal for late submission of 2007/08 return because HMRC failed to provide a filing service (despite there advance notice ) on such a sensitive day, the issue is the claiming of loss relief forward in respect of the rental income losses for 2007/08, hmrc will of course collect the taxes due on other income as reported in the "out of time" return ?
If in a worst case the claim for 2007/08 was deemed out of date for a claim for loss relief , does this affect the ability to carry forward the losses for 2006/07 bearing in mind they were claimed " in time"
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 136 4
- A few questions.... any help? 50 2
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 210 8
- Companies House? 172 3
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 55 1
- Rental Expenses 95 6
- UK tax exposure 191 3
- regulated mortgage work? 77 1
- Echosign mail merge? 277 1
- Before I call employers helpline 211 1
- VAT refund 386 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 232 3
- flat rate scheme 327 7
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 216 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 547 6
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 278 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,050 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 181 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 196 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 135 1