Rental Income - repairs after ceasing to let out
Think I probably know the answer but you never know for sure.
Client let out a property until February 2011. Following a divorce she needed the property to live in so regained possession early March 2011.
The tenants had trashed the place so she has had substantial expense making it habitable again.
I can see there is expenditure on eg new fireplace etc which I would not consider claiming but what about some of the other restorative costs? e.g. replacing windows and kitchen. Redecorating etc? Carpets?
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,126 85
- Where can I get the information for this 373 7
- BrightPay 370 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 213 3
- CGT &LLP 83 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 548 4
- Setting up an offshore company 115 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 186 16
- Secure document exchange 140 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 162 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 395 7
- break even point 180 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 118 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 258 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 148 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 144 4
- How to issue shares to investors 100 1
- Expense management software 633 12
- Tax code 167 1