Rental Income - repairs after ceasing to let out
Think I probably know the answer but you never know for sure.
Client let out a property until February 2011. Following a divorce she needed the property to live in so regained possession early March 2011.
The tenants had trashed the place so she has had substantial expense making it habitable again.
I can see there is expenditure on eg new fireplace etc which I would not consider claiming but what about some of the other restorative costs? e.g. replacing windows and kitchen. Redecorating etc? Carpets?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 211 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,001 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 217 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 579 12
- Personal Tax 478 11
- USA Tax Query 149 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,656 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 939 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 266 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 594 18
- Corrupt Excel File 673 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 346 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,974 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 399 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 161 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 310 4
- last minute request 500 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46