Rental Income - repairs after ceasing to let out
Think I probably know the answer but you never know for sure.
Client let out a property until February 2011. Following a divorce she needed the property to live in so regained possession early March 2011.
The tenants had trashed the place so she has had substantial expense making it habitable again.
I can see there is expenditure on eg new fireplace etc which I would not consider claiming but what about some of the other restorative costs? e.g. replacing windows and kitchen. Redecorating etc? Carpets?
- What are my legal responsibilities 319 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 78 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 332 4
- No more tax returns... 1,534 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 417 6
- Signed accounts for bank 266 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 473 10
- Landing clients 403 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,151 22
- Termination Payment 190 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 200 3
- CRM / marketing 103 2
- Allocation of income from property 755 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 128 1
- 64-8 problems 519 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 349 10
- Payment on account reminders 243 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 120 3
- Hello 521 4