Rental or trading income / CGT or income tax?
My client has a large number of properties, all of which were refurbished and are now rented out.
Some are intended to always be rented out and are held in a 'Property Rental' partnership whilst others, which are intended to be sold at a gain, are held in a 'Property Development' partnership. As such, the expenditure incurred in the property development partnership on legal fees, mortgage interest etc are offset against trading income.
If the properties in the property development partnership are rented out prior to being sold, is it acceptable to treat this income as trading income and will the eventual gain/loss on the disposal still be a charge to income tax, rather than CGT?
Advice much appreciated, thanks in anticipation.
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 58 2
- Elective DeductionsModel 50 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 181 1
- Rental Income 286 6
- Value pricing 167 6
- Payroll 2012/13 89 1
- I have a pain 668 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 66 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 153 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 719 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 105 3
- Cash flow 136 2
- New use of home - simplified method 213 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 107 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 370 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,942 32
- Share restructure 327 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 145 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,844 14
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 496
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 336
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 180
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Director Loan account operation 146