Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- The stupidity continues 458 18
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 160 5
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 86 1
- transactions after account have been closed 102 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,318 25
- New Employers Helpline 184 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 175 3
- Software recommendations 244 1
- Share transfer question 360 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 297 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 159 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,409 19
- Overlap relief 751 19
- What is IRIS World like? 352 8
- Pension contributions 369 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 487 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 184 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 477 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 268 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 294
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 199
- Small Part Disposal of Property 182
- Uncommercial property business 176