Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 796 49
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 167 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 36 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 79 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 79 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 48 1
- New Business Registration 189 5
- Audit rules 121 3
- Hosted email exchange 102 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 113 1
- Go Cardless 186 5
- G P life time allowance 90 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 348 11
- Bringing money to Uk 192 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 99 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 101 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 187 5
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 555 11
- SA302 131 2
- Can customer claim VAT on contractor cash purchases. 147 1
- Xtuple 490
- Qtac payroll for bureau 330
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 274
- Industrial & Provident Societies 269
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- Mehjoo 211
- New strategic report 166
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 146
- CIS schemes 141