Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 41 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 397 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 23 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 20 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 463 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 125 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 728 11
- Sports Sponsorship 70 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 206 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 202 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 142 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,280 14
- Best software for small practice? 574 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 455 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 179 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 283 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,446 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 182 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 777 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181