Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 225 6
- Hello 201 1
- flat rate scheme 1,469 33
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,740 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 169 4
- Unpaid share capital 73 1
- 64-8 problems 113 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 112 2
- Business trips - director and family 225 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 428 10
- Allocation of income from property 448 12
- Networking 691 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 783 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 121 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,081 22
- bookkeeping system 365 5
- Outstanding Loans 128 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 222 5
- Company van paid by director 223 2
- Private company division 214 2