Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 268 4
- Value pricing 682 24
- Reregister for VAT 114 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 192 6
- Weely paid employees 236 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 125 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 445 11
- Director's tax return 255 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 202 6
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 86 2
- Wrong career 459 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 132 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 275 7
- Laptop purchase 1,379 20
- PTP software disaster 265 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 224 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 99 2
- Tricky VAT question 177 1
- VT accounts licence key 267 5
- Splitting the tax year 115 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 794
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 548
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 414
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 264
- Director Loan account operation 244
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159