Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- rental income since 2003 81 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,651 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 390 10
- Deaf clients 553 5
- Child tax credits 85 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,201 54
- PITA client 394 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 532 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 71 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 223 4
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 583 9
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 215 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,067 8
- Small company audit 343 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 119 2
- R&D tax credit claim 261 6
- CIC Company 503 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 271 4
- HMRC Property campaign 805 10
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 153 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 612
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 257
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 215
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 204
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 191