Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Mortgage Reference 112 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,848 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 130 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,167 45
- Practical experience 839 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 421 9
- Personal Tax 136 1
- VAT 304 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 186 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 141 1
- last minute request 243 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 492 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 77 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 430 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 106 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 254 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 658 6
- Overseas workday relief 168 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 334 3