Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Dividend and pension with no salary 93 1
- Accountex Exhibition 130 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,459 45
- Private use for Small hotel owner: historic rules 109 1
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 148 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 178 5
- Career change - how to get relevant experience? 1,046 11
- Late leaver notification 175 4
- A little bit of politics 470 6
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 288 6
- Filling in my self assessment 686 14
- Should small companies be audited? 981 41
- Mileage claim restriction 367 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 155 1
- Overlap profit 573 15
- What does PITA mean? 445 9
- career 349 2
- Help required please 473 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 465 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 232 3
- Sanzar 454
- Digital marketing focus group 377
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 346
- Continuity Agreement 292
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 280
- Sainsbury's mangement 268
- Buyback 266
- Avanti Accounts 255
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 201
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 174