Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Wrong tax code 108 5
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,027 31
- Am I getting Soft?? 176 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 620 11
- Deferred Tax 450 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 199 1
- You know its over 460 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 237 1
- Benefit in Kind 207 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 132 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 216 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,259 14
- Cocaine anyone? 594 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 132 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 177 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 298 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 485 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,301 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 268 13
- Hive up 504
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 472
- corporate hierarchy 448
- Advice - 286
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 232
- WWOOFers 227
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 214
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 166
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160