Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Gift or Capital Gain? 346 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 351 8
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 341 8
- BrightPay 650 21
- SDLT on leases 120 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 359 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 913 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 282 4
- Abolish the penalty regime 113 3
- IHT Query 153 3
- Statutary sick pay 193 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 278 4
- Director Salary 357 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 301 7
- Capital Gain? 430 11
- Reversing out RTI 205 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 310 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 284 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 394 7
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 422
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 365
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 209
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 192
- New Fangled Penalties 170