Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Benefit fraud 3,321 47
- Umbrella Companies 56 1
- Investment properties revaluation 37 2
- Old accountant withholding standing order payments 217 9
- Should I continue with the ACA? 394 9
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 297 10
- How much did you pay for your website 1,096 21
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 376 11
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 359 10
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 124 1
- Intangble Assets 113 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 198 4
- Companies House 689 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 286 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 315 11
- RTI Penalties 198 1
- How to delete of a password protected company? 123 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 203 5
- FRS percentage 136 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 110 1
- CTA study material 640
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 385
- Employment related securities question 237
- ATED Penalties 209
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 207
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 152
- Expat pension contributions? 143
- Trust for Employee 137
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 129