Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 213 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 288 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 281 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 193 6
- Non-compete agreement 179 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 196 1
- Any views 737 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 94 1
- IRIS Practice Management 145 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 106 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 276 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 91 1
- Was I rude 782 19
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 174 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 307 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 256 1
- Top slicing relief question 234 2
- Valuation of PET on death 121 2
- Share swap 293 8
- Online filing 175 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,483
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 818
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 421
- Sale of business 395
- NOVA 289
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 203
- Bonus Bonds 175
- Management expenses for investment company 173
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 169