Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 425 24
- what time is it ? 252 3
- VAT on disbursement 160 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 987 18
- tax credits 193 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,026 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 79 1
- LLP - Member leaving 184 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 732 21
- Year end 241 3
- Foreign income for self employed 168 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 297 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 310 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,140 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 243 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 612 21
- How would you account for warranty? 179 4
- Sweet Tooth 230 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 208 2
- trading or dormant 135 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 900
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 524
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 316
- Tax efficient holding company structure 254
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 246
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 180
- Charge out rates in London? 155