Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 32 1
- Clients 899 18
- Companies House 88 2
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,018 12
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 256 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 118 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 235 4
- Double entry 106 3
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 294 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 120 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 514 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 143 3
- SAGE winforecast 242 1
- Trust 111 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 76 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 84 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 190 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 143 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 254 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 249 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 531
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 465
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 294
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 258
- Overdrawn director account 216
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 195