Rental Property Company
My client has a growing portfolio of property. Currently stands at £600K (a new purchase going through to bring that up to £750K). The properties are mortgage free.
Although he has no other income he has considered transferring them to a limited company.
Question is if we were to transfer the portfolio to a limited company wholly in exchange for shares could we hold over the gain as part of incorporation relief?
Once the property is a limited company and trading for one year we are able to then place a floating charge over the portfolio (not exceeding 50%) and build his company's net wealth more easily.
Extraction of profit is of little concern as he requires no more income than £30k per annum (mortgage free property of £550K).
Based on transfer value's he will obviously be liable to SDLT
His aim is to manage a portfolio not simply provide an income and wind it down at retirement.
- Non resident income. 153 9
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 257 13
- Taxable income from property and separation 48 2
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 249 18
- Goodwill adjustment 135 4
- Use of home deduction 305 11
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 951 29
- smp employee made redundant 76 1
- Do you lose losses on cessation 403 11
- How do you get HMRC to pay you SMP? 155 3
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 152 4
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 149 4
- Software 92 2
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 266 7
- Knuckle down one week to go! 967 21
- client can't/won't pay 1,300 22
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,321 79
- Self assessment help 153 1
- Worried over stock value 429 13
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 97 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 843
- Copy Wanted 576
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 523
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 503
- Latest phishing scam 376
- Entrepreneurs' relief 353
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 314
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 300
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 291
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 202