Rental Receipts at time of death
Quick query if a taxpayer receives rents in advance from 1st October 2011 to 31st December 2011 and then passes away on 1st December what is the position with the rental income.
I am presuming that only the rent arising from 1st October 2011 to 1st December 2011 is included in the tax return to date of death and that the income from 2nd December 2011 to 31st December 2011 will be income of the estate.
Is this correct?
- Xerocon 2016 1,057 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,198 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 272 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 302 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 625 12
- Personal Tax 532 11
- USA Tax Query 200 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,677 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 953 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 327 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 611 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 359 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,988 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 291 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 429 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 194 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 379 4
- last minute request 539 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,262 46