Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 206 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 202 13
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 272 7
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 108 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 251 4
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 178 6
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 59 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 203 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 171 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 309 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 213 6
- SME Direct Debit 682 11
- Accountant software 444 13
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,045 23
- Accounting jobs in the UK 168 2
- CIS gross status review 126 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 135 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 385 6
- Flat rate vat error 252 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 113 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 763
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 486
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 303
- How to format a stock book 267
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 215
- Tax efficient holding company structure 207
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 199
- Investment property company accounts template 192
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 175
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 165