Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Directors Current Account and dividends 17 1
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 320 12
- Identity Checks 121 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 408 1
- Property pages or self-employed? 192 3
- Software for Accounts layout 46 1
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 259 5
- Allowable expenses on retal property 193 2
- Mandatory Capitalisation 141 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 126 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,338 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 292 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 150 2
- notarising & legalising documents 192 4
- question 456 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 432 11
- Income prior to company formation 230 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 157 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 167 6
- Any thoughts on Capium? 431 3
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 264
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 262
- French ConnectionUK 206
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 194
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 185
- APN's 176
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 156
- FRS 101 Software 142