Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Merging 425 11
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 39 1
- VAT overcharged to customers 377 6
- Merger of Two companies 352 13
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 131 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 82 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 157 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 294 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 174 4
- IHT dilemma 968 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,416 55
- Merger of Two companies 447 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 901 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 257 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 666 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 201 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,807 24
- New business - journal entries 564 24
- IFA incorporation problems 304 4
- Coding Notice 335 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 967
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 740
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 427
- Excuses, excuses!!! 321
- Digita Hosted Software 239
- Social investment tax relief 236
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 234
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 206
- Travel costs and contractors 202