Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,886 32
- Telemarketing 77 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 414 10
- Budget 2015 predictions 72 1
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 88 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 100 1
- Husband Wife let property 68 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 70 1
- Gift between companies 96 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 105 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Directors loan - no longer a director 253 2
- Why .... 688 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 929 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 535 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 430 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 272 6
- Relevant life plan 302 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 154 2
- Possible Partnership? 587
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 400
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 198
- Moving away from CCH software 195