Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 374 9
- Marketing and email surprises 436 9
- The stupidity continues 1,194 64
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 751 26
- What is IRIS World like? 401 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 115 1
- transactions after account have been closed 292 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 103 1
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 308 5
- Mlom bollocks 205 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 88 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- AML report needed? 92 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 575 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 285 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 272 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 160 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,368 25
- New Employers Helpline 224 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 441
- WIP Software 305
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 186