Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 245 4
- Employee overpaid who has left 76 1
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 219 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 252 6
- Sorry ignore me 775 22
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 227 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,172 17
- Is this a scam? 412 5
- Childcare for clients 152 1
- One off meeting new client 503 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 129 1
- illegal dividends 314 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 185 3
- VAT questions 309 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 115 1
- CG34 approved "without prejudice" 236 3
- SAGE V12 177 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,348 21
- Invoice Help 132 3
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 271 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 616
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 524
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 289
- Cancelled 276
- Cancelled 239
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 182
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 180
- Probiz 163
- What's the market like for temps? 158