Research and Development Tax Credits
I'm trying to understand the details of R&D Tax Credits and have some questions - could anyone help please?
Firstly under the expenditure heading Staff Providers, HMRC say ‘ The staff provider needs to contract with the individual whose services they supply’ – what does this mean exactly? If you have the (pretty common) scenario of a company > agency > service company >service company director, and the director of the service company is the technical expert carrying out work on an R&D project for the main company, can the main company claim this as R&D expenditure?
Secondly if work is subcontracted out can this expenditure be claimed, and if so am I correct in thinking that the amount of the claim is 65% of the expenditure involved (I'm not quite sure of the logic behind 65%, is it half of the 130% large company %?).
Thirdly does the 7.5 million Euro upper limit specifically apply to the SME scheme only?
Fourthly Capital Expenditure. If equipment is bought specifically for the R&D project, can 100% of the expenditure be claimed, but it is not claimed as a CA but instead added to the year’s R&D expenditure (so ends up as part of the 200%/220% claim)? This being with the proviso that when the equipment is sold the balancing charge reduces the R&D expenditure in a future year (and what happens if the equipment sale is in a year when there isn’t any R&D expenditure)?
Finally is there a recommended book on R&D Tax Credits?
Thanks for any help.
- Spousal transfer and PPR 495 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 262 5
- Where has Portia gone? 1,241 55
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 65 4
- VAT on commercial property 76 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,970 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 218 4
- deceased creditor 132 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 258 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 199 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 360 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 90 1
- Transfer of stock 355 12
- Holiday entitlement 544 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 340 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 191 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Football Agent Fees 741 23
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 526
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235
- Report old income 235