resi property - owned by company -mixed use
I would normally shy away from advising a client from owning his home within a company, but rather against the grain, that is what is happening!
The property is a fairly large old building consisting of a three bedroom owners accomodation, plus a part sectioned off and extended and used as a bunkhouse. The lodging part sleeps 26 and brings in approx £60k rents per year. The company also does adventure trail walks so it all fits together reasonably well. (further downside in that vat will need to be accounted for on the £60k).
I advised that there will be a bik on the provision of living accomodation, may i just check my rationale.
The cost of the whole property is £500k. We estimate that the value of the living accomodation is £300k. I am going to assume for the purposes of this that the rateable value is £7k pa.
I calculate that the annual bik using s107:
7,000 + ((300-75)*4%)) = £16,000
Q, are we able to apportion the cost of the property in this way (i.e. 300 out of 500).
Q, he is personally providing £100k of the £500k purchase price by way of loan to the company. are we able to reduce the £100k to reduce the formula in s104? (probably not).
Q, would you suggest that we get this rationale cleared with HMRC in advance of any p11d work.
Q, how on earth do we find the rateable value?
- Submitting tax return 67 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 177 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 245 8
- Director's tax return 322 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 87 1
- Sage Payroll 307 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 200 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,052 33
- vat return 256 3
- Flat rate vat 140 1
- Value pricing 729 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 160 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 229 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 291 4
- Reregister for VAT 155 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 204 6
- Weely paid employees 255 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 504 11
- Wrong career 497 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 305 7
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 803
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 553
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 421
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 300
- Free Tax Legislation? 269
- Director Loan account operation 251
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 249
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 243
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160