resi property - owned by company -mixed use
I would normally shy away from advising a client from owning his home within a company, but rather against the grain, that is what is happening!
The property is a fairly large old building consisting of a three bedroom owners accomodation, plus a part sectioned off and extended and used as a bunkhouse. The lodging part sleeps 26 and brings in approx £60k rents per year. The company also does adventure trail walks so it all fits together reasonably well. (further downside in that vat will need to be accounted for on the £60k).
I advised that there will be a bik on the provision of living accomodation, may i just check my rationale.
The cost of the whole property is £500k. We estimate that the value of the living accomodation is £300k. I am going to assume for the purposes of this that the rateable value is £7k pa.
I calculate that the annual bik using s107:
7,000 + ((300-75)*4%)) = £16,000
Q, are we able to apportion the cost of the property in this way (i.e. 300 out of 500).
Q, he is personally providing £100k of the £500k purchase price by way of loan to the company. are we able to reduce the £100k to reduce the formula in s104? (probably not).
Q, would you suggest that we get this rationale cleared with HMRC in advance of any p11d work.
Q, how on earth do we find the rateable value?
- sole trader to ltd company 42 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 101 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,061 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,103 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 296 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 223 7
- Dual taxation - usa 183 2
- My house has fallen down 437 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 85 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 277 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 249 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 78 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 102 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 546 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 937 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 283 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 201 2
- Property sale split between years 153 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 92 3
- VATMOSS filing 164 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 638
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 404
- Pensions Regulator 378
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 320
- RTI - duplicate employee record 319
- Using the correct forms 295
- SA penalty proposals 295
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 274
- Digital marketing focus group 195
- Sage Vat return box 2 185