Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Thinning income 268 1
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 311 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 71 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 175 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 160 4
- Audacity 1,299 22
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 180 4
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 683 8
- partnership first tax return 120 1
- Payroll got out of synch 367 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 84 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 272 3
- tax credits 160 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 288 9
- Legitimate Expectation 182 2
- What do do about VAT? 475 14
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 101 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,097 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 178 2
- Client right to working papers 1,260 8
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 269
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 220
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 191