Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 136 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 166 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 519 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 220 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 181 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 192 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 801 20
- Website Content 145 1
- Personal Tax 623 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 172 1
- USA Tax Query 296 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 650 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 346 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 383 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,737 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6