Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 701 5
- See you all on the other side 731 6
- 12Pay 500 2
- dividends 697 2
- R&D 349 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,208 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 466 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 454 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 404 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 564 5
- Seeking a tax case 671 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 619 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 465 2
- Moving to the cloud 769 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 930 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 229 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,110 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 518 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 360
- Capitalising Finance Lease 338
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 334
- Marginal rates of tax 326
- USA help 325
- Class 2 NI 312
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302