Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 403 7
- Directors and unemployment benefit 261 12
- new capital structure ltd with investors 249 3
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 375 8
- Have I made a mistake... 705 6
- Directors need for self assessment? 647 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,531 21
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 188 6
- How do you account in the VAT return for 209 3
- Dividend Vouchers 119 1
- Night out allowance 306 2
- Missing accountant! 1,244 5
- Sage Import Data 110 2
- Selling a company asset below market value 266 3
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 304 6
- CT loss memorandum 79 1
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 227 3
- Property Development 416 9
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 279 6
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,283 41
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 412
- CTA study material 377
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 278
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 256
- Pre incorp expenses 217
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 207
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 195
- Slight twist on employment related securities 185
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 132
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 125