Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Working out a daily rate 29 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 268 8
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 396 23
- Withholding of tax 60 1
- Payroll dates 52 4
- Auto enrolment 1,177 12
- missing 900 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 117 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 68 1
- are receipts needed? 113 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 504 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 181 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 131 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,783 61
- Partnership merger 79 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 706 25
- Know it alls (who don't) 833 19
- VAT on motor expenses 995 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 176 3
- Reposted question 156 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,568
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 867
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 223
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 215
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 158