Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 45 1
- Regaining my qualification 50 1
- Shareholder agreement 128 3
- Tax code for Companies House fees 108 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 188 3
- Company Reorganisation 123 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 624 10
- Employee Loan 163 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 447 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 562 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 106 1
- Wear and tear allowance 443 6
- Accountants' Error 609 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 337 6
- Buying accountancy practice 624 10
- Paperless office 1,072 7
- Accountant Error 399 6
- Auto enrolment 144 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 412 5
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 281 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,442
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 750
- Any views 684
- HMRC Employers Diary 519
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 343
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 243
- IRIS Open Books problem 235