Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 766 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,464 31
- Is this fraud? 300 5
- Saying goodbye 420 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 820 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 196 5
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 358 16
- Sportman claiming for training kit 994 11
- Flat rate scheme 175 3
- Drop box Storage 196 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 274 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,191 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 619 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 136 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 416 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 140 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 366 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 122 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 306 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 454
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 197
- Employer's Helpline 146
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137