Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- VAT registration 86 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 58 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,074 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 443 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 224 6
- VAT silly question 2,271 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 173 6
- Classic cars investment 158 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 258 3
- Cater Allen Commission 138 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 259 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 734 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 133 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 84 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 132 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 141 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 510 13
- Sage at it again? 376 5
- BrightPay 519 13
- Is this a scam? 1,616 27
- Benchmarking 476
- Possible Partnership? 420
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 393
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 339
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 200
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 185
- Late reply from HMRC 177
- Income tax on foreign dividends 176
- Clubs and Taxable Income 175