Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- directors loan 256 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 377 14
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 818 27
- Director registration for SA question 264 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 216 3
- New Company reviews please 457 12
- Business only use of company car 605 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 338 4
- CIS not deducted 306 5
- Car Capital Contribution 183 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 203 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 84 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 356 8
- VAT with Russia 127 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,045 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 214 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,155 9
- CGT on Let Property 237 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 283
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 210
- Any thoughts on Capium? 200
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 178
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 146