Can anyone help?
I have a new client who receives Residence allowance for their grand daughter.
In 2011/2012 they received approx £5700.
I have read HMRC helpsheet 236, and the above amount is below the £10k, therefore free from income tax.
However I do not know if their grand daughter has been placed with them under a residence order, if she has, then the residence allowance will not be eligible for the qualifying care relief, as per helpsheet 236.
I am waiting to hear back from the client with regards to the residence order.
But while reviewing the HMRC website I came across a Budget release for 2010 BN26 relating to Special Guardianship orders and Residence orders (www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/bn26.pdf).
Has this been made law? and how would I find out?
Because if it has the residence allowance appears to be exempt from income tax.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,002 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 232 2
- Dental practice incorpration 102 1
- Audit rules 148 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 219 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 806 20
- Go Cardless 255 8
- business entertaining deductibility 118 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 121 2
- R & D 100 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 70 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 107 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 151 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 143 1
- New Business Registration 211 5
- Hosted email exchange 128 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 145 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 370 11
- Bringing money to Uk 215 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 334
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 278
- Industrial & Provident Societies 275
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 153
- CIS schemes 147