Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 197 5
- Not a question but made my day 1,100 22
- Thinning income 287 1
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 322 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 86 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 177 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 171 4
- Audacity 1,302 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 685 8
- partnership first tax return 123 1
- Payroll got out of synch 367 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 86 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 275 3
- tax credits 167 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 295 9
- Legitimate Expectation 186 2
- What do do about VAT? 479 14
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 103 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,102 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 182 2
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 270
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 221
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 191