Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- is my company accounts right? 698 18
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 361 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 59 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,471 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,536 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 94 1
- P11D Dispensation 75 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 223 2
- I have missing sales invoices 367 5
- Invoice Help 369 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 258 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 363 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 990 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,055 26
- Directors Subsistence 221 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 265 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 431 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 267 3
- Final year's accounts 349 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,956 27
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 555
- Cancelled 318
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 265
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 219
- Probiz 208
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 167
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 160