Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,578 65
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 75 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 127 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 191 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 84 1
- Overpayment relief claim 142 5
- Charity reserves 125 3
- Have i messed up? 638 10
- rates of pay query 199 2
- Year end 346 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 202 3
- Comments on this scenario 77 1
- Related Parties Note 415 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 91 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 121 4
- loss on carbon credits 101 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 576 9
- SAGE con 193 3
- Dazed & confused 183 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 237 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,005
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 544
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 360
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 272
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 213
- Charge out rates in London? 208
- Personal consumption by landlord 181
- Interest on Loan to a Company 173
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 149