Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 31 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,256 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,232 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 971 29
- You know its over 366 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 503 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 239 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 191 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 177 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 279 3
- Cocaine anyone? 525 8
- Late Registration for VAT 496 13
- EIS/SEIS 155 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 282 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 432 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 432 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 731 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 565 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 601 4
- Personal pension 407 9
- Hive up 493
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 462
- corporate hierarchy 444
- Advice - 276
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 229
- WWOOFers 219
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 210
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 206
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 185
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 177