Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- FYAs on second-hand vans 218 6
- Why do I do this every year 353 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 244 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 290 5
- closing limited company 145 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 59 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 480 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 51 1
- What sectors to target? 584 29
- Limited Companies Merger 206 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 376 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 523 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,594 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 251 1
- eBay trading 231 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 949 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 237
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 194
- Negligible Value Claim 169