Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Next Move 555 16
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 256 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 166 3
- Company formation and bank account 289 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 659 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,556 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 555 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 402 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 205 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 395 8
- OneNote is fantastic 505 11
- VAT Direct Debit 362 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 444 8
- Self Assessment Software 689 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 438 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,359 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 274 11
- Owning overseas property 256 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 369 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 659
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 402
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Property letting & CAs 392
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 340
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202