Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- R&D tax credits 124 6
- Before 2015 budget did dividend income impact on savings tax rate up to 2014-2015? 382 10
- Tax-free savings and "taxable income" 2,997 57
- Client's company struck off 2,243 27
- Sale of land at an undervalue in return for an income stream? 28 2
- sage 216 5
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 291 7
- Sage Payroll 262 5
- Pre trading expenditure 72 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 114 2
- Double entry 278 6
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 137 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,181 18
- Trust income, R185 form 102 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 787 12
- Improvements to leasehold property and Capital Allowances 87 2
- Annual Report - How to? 514 25
- Outsourcing Payroll 241 3
- CIS Set off 97 1
- 15% restirction on lease cars 204 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 548
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 306
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 301
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 272
- Overdrawn director account 230
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 206
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 205