Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Family Partnership 328 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,252 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 189 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 224 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 329 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 104 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 320 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 210 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 432 3
- Signed accounts for bank 684 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 219 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 119 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 881 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 226 5
- VAT Query on new build 139 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 135 1