Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- VAT on Security Services to Foreign Companies. 7 1
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 111 2
- Do accountants work at home? 380 9
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 39 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 399 8
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 854 15
- Rogue Accountant 3,847 58
- Where has Portia gone? 5,971 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 50 1
- ER Relief 93 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 100 1
- Payroll question 243 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 272 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 100 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 714 6
- VAT Registration 215 1
- How do you do it 432 1
- Help 508 14
- Payments on account 339 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 798 21