Individual comes to live in the UK in Feb 2007 from Hungary. She is employed by a multi national company initially working in the UK. She then leaves this employment in early 2010 and sets up a company registered in the UK.
She stays in the UK for over 200 days in the 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 tax years but in 2011/12 tax year spends around 170 days in Hungary and 150 days in the UK. Future years are likely to follow a similar pattern to 2011/12.
During her time in the UK she either lives in rented accomodation or hotels. She has her permanent home in Hungary throughout which she owns.
Her only income is through the UK registered company where she is paid £7,500 salary and balance of dividends which take her into higher rate.
Is she considered resident in the UK for 2011/12 and is she taxable in the UK on the dividends?
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 268 4
- Companies House 556 9
- Dress code 272 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 101 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 285 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 705 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,404 25
- What would you do in this situation? 569 13
- Help Required 356 10
- directors control and tax problems 200 5
- Fastest Software 775 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 941 28
- What's in a name ? 323 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 250 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 439 15
- Bulk Invoicing 180 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 160 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 250 2
- ATED Penalties 277 1
- late second payment on account 181 2
- CTA study material 704
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 428
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 202
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 186
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 166
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 160