Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 588 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 165 4
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 163 1
- When to top-up pensions? 124 2
- Support / ticketing software 315 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 312 6
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 305 3
- Imported goods and VAT 112 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 426 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 576 11
- Stamp Duty 154 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,842 22
- Company Number 10000000 974 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 361 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 212 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 454 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,827 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 442 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 223 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 336 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 795
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 213
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 208
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187