Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 516 5
- See you all on the other side 647 6
- 12Pay 372 2
- dividends 503 2
- R&D 283 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,139 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 422 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 364 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 331 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 522 5
- Seeking a tax case 596 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 458 4
- Companies house strike off 468 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 371 2
- Moving to the cloud 716 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 866 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,074 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 468 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 546
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 413
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 363
- IRIS and FRS 102 345
- Capitalising Finance Lease 311
- USA help 308
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 285
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 279
- Capital gains on rental property 255
- Sage Coretime 230