Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 110 2
- flat rate scheme 1,912 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 256 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 119 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 127 3
- Company Share Buy Back 125 2
- Charitable Payment 206 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 926 15
- Unpaid share capital 256 3
- Company car in the LLP 185 2
- Physiotherapy 340 4
- New build property to be rented 180 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,885 52
- Hello 361 2
- Sage 200 question 120 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 115 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 190 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 191 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 223 4