Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- PAYE versus Dividends 148 2
- Employee or partner 14 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 183 5
- The Cotter Case 180 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 112 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 139 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 60 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 938 16
- Sole Trader business 153 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 145 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 176 1
- Boffin of the Year 302 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 220 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 80 1
- Non sequitur 253 2
- Am i Liable? 882 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 172 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,301
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 641
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 333
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 215
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 208
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 152