Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,662 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 66 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 208 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 811 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 97 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 495 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 142 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2