Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Servicing AE fees 198 3
- FRS 101 Software 359 1
- VAT on farm machinery sold 289 6
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 586 9
- proper link to login to HMRC online services 142 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 81 1
- When to register or not for PAYE 551 12
- Software for Accounts layout 294 5
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 258 6
- Directors Loan Account Question 483 13
- Invoicing for monthly clients 513 10
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 142 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,188 41
- Flat Rate VAT 266 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 722 15
- Practice software 1,204 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 330 7
- Redundancy pay 333 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 240 2
- VAT Receipts 283 8
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 310
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 300
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 276
- French ConnectionUK 243
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 219
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 206
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 205
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 189
- APN's 188
- Job costing 162