Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 147 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 166 2
- "Audit Report" 62 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 469 13
- Coding Notice 225 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 239 6
- New business - journal entries 407 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 221 3
- Payroll software 644 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 265 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 396 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 731 18
- B2B vat in the EU 187 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 197 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 226 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 193 4
- LLP as member of LLP 135 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,835 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 511 7
- Vat 305 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 865
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 721
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 409
- Social investment tax relief 219
- Digita Hosted Software 213
- Call Centre Data Costs 200
- accounting for this transaction 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 171
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 168
- Travel costs and contractors 167