Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 157 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 420 8
- VAT on employee loan 266 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 646 28
- Accountants website 330 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 51 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 94 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 341 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,395 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 212 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 159 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 205 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 189 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 712 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 147 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 82 2
- Purchased Goodwill 139 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 108 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 222 4
- Recruitment agencies 592 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,079
- Moving away from CCH software 931
- QROP pension input amounts 425
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 341
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 265
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189