Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 50 2
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 106 2
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 44 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 275 22
- Hobby Horse 804 8
- Non resident income. 458 20
- What sectors to target? 617 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 268 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 193 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,951 41
- Self assesment online 1,004 11
- Why do I do this every year 427 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 308 5
- closing limited company 195 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 115 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 536 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 260 9
- IHT and US resident 78 1
- Limited Companies Merger 217 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 146 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 243
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 239
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 179