Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 450 13
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 59 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,270 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,243 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 978 29
- You know its over 391 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 517 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 251 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 200 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 189 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 299 3
- Cocaine anyone? 543 8
- Late Registration for VAT 503 13
- EIS/SEIS 163 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 289 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 436 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 742 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 576 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 604 4
- Personal pension 411 9
- Hive up 497
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 282
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 181