Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Bookkeping software 672 7
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 418 9
- Goods Purchased for Rental 86 2
- are receipts needed? 551 15
- Clogged Losses 262 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 267 11
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 206 2
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 248 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 59 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 639 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 299 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 247 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 104 1
- General tax book with planning 232 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 174 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 194 1
- Gift of property & improvements 153 3
- VAT Invoice 210 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 384 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 905
- International interest certificate 516
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 313
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 154
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 147
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 146