Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Dress code 1,512 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 454 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 221 6
- Limited company buying director's car 222 8
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 412 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 349 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 460 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 111 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 71 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 172 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 148 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,407 17
- Scottish Independance 758 23
- New laptop - any suggestions please 1,248 26
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 199 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 262 11
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 171 1
- Historical figures for WTC 98 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,245 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 139 2
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 471
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 379
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 250
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 248
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 143