Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Reversing out RTI 96 5
- IHT Query 47 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 293 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 838 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 293 8
- Capital Gain? 398 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 266 6
- BrightPay 609 18
- Classic cars investment 236 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 206 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 327 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 268 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 260 2
- H&W company 219 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 190 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 168 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 164 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 806 32
- VAT silly question 2,408 56
- Benchmarking 492
- Possible Partnership? 434
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 411
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 410
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 353
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186