Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,615 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 76 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 68 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 230 6
- Companies House 278 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 84 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 95 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 320 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 101 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 207 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 131 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 665 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 476 5
- Director self assessment 403 16
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Sage Import Data 176 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 238 2
- Dividend Vouchers 284 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 428
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 241
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 195
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 142
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 140