Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- is this fraud? 432 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 553 11
- Not a good start no broadband 241 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 377 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 109 1
- Question regarding gym training 135 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 145 4
- Directors Subsistence 355 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,093 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 568 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 192 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 412 9
- R&D tax credit claim 155 4
- New company - form a group? 94 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 132 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 344 2
- Incorporation Relief 300 6
- Penalty suspension 171 2
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 346 7
- Corporate shareholder question 232 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 563
- Cancelled 337
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 278
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 223
- CIS Deductions 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 156