Residents Management Company
Given the recent technical guidance from ACCA/ICAEW and UITF information sheet 92 can someone please confirm my thoughts.
I have a residents management company which owns the freehold with a statutory year end of 30 June. The lease states service charge accounts should be prepared to 31 March.
Following the UITF I understand that the RMCo is acting as principal and therefore the statutory accounts should include only the ground rent received and corporation tax thereon. Service charges and associated expenditure needs to be included in the service charge accounts to the date specified in the lease ie 31 March.
Both ground rents and service charges are collect via one bank account. I therefore assume that in the statutory accounts there needs to be net debtor to the service charge accounts until the ground rents are collected (ie CR Ground rent (SAY) £1,000, DR Corporation tax (SAY) £200, Debtor to balance (SAY) £800.
Have I missed anything?
- Where has Portia gone? 2,102 68
- recompense capital input 91 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 611 17
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 54 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 171 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 165 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 202 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 964 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 147 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 378 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 232 5
- Merging my businesses 213 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 573 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 468 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 356 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 331 1
- Holiday entitlement 588 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 326 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 170 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 241 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 792
- RTI - duplicate employee record 559
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 318
- Sanzar 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 297
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 179