restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 93 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 229 1
- will this work for IHT 250 2
- Best software for small practice? 635 20
- Paid too much !! 256 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,745 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 259 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 210 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 485 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 124 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 101 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 106 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 480 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 156 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 272 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 261 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,330 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,276 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 248
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 192
- Capital Gains personal representatives 182
- Just checking re PSA 175