restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- Accountex flash mob 545 18
- The new married allowance 137 3
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 153 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 58 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 682 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 860 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,740 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 118 8
- Er... 338 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 205 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 310 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 127 5
- Child benefit 357 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 152 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 320 10
- IR 35 232 5
- Share disposal - help please 112 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 349 11
- Final accounts - procedure 353 6
- NIC question 127 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 658
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 343
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 312
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 298
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202