restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- How to walk away without questions 2,668 17
- IHT Query 400 9
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 61 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 92 2
- Get it off your chest 201 4
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 244 7
- Directors bonus 119 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 75 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 264 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 194 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 136 3
- break even point 1,108 33
- The return 743 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 88 2
- Charity accounting 70 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 1,003 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 150 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 150 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 358 2
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 549
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 289
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 207
- Outsource Data Entry 173
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172