restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,436 78
- Business only use of company car 774 29
- Assets at strike off 48 2
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 180 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,118 34
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 388 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,200 30
- New Company reviews please 655 16
- Voluntary Disclosure 428 8
- Gift to son by parents 208 1
- valuation of vehicles 498 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 301 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 225 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 439 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 472 4
- BTC is slow 320 3
- Director registration for SA question 554 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 495 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 523 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 535 14
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 329
- Any thoughts on Capium? 271
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 265
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 251
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 231
- auto enrolment 209
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 189
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 179
- How to account for investment in JV? 170
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 160