restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 113 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 487 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,637 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 230 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 105 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 168 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 399 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 159 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 432 13
- Real names 982 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 284 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,672 10
- Best apps for clients 184 2
- Theatre as charitable company 138 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 302 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 429 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 339 1
- Fixed Assets 189 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 175 2
- Dividend payment date 2,055 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 443
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 330
- Sorry ignore me 288
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 256
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 192
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160