restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 470 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 90 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,100 7
- Bereavment payment 66 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 270 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 341 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,292 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 144 2
- Companies House incorporation service 343 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 73 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 146 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 199 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 259 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 141 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 149 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 129 2
- Trading income or not? 193 1
- Charge HMRC 421 3
- Xtuple 547
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 290
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178