restaurant accommodation to employee
Hello, I am new here. I wonder if anyone can help me because I am very confused about it.
I am running a small restaurant and I have 2 lower-paid part-time staffs (average weekly wages is £140).
I rent a flat for them to live and in the meantime use one room of the flat to store some business stocks.
Currently my employees live in the flat for free. I don't know if I need to treat part of the rent and council tax as their additional wages and report to HMRC?
Any help from you will be great appreciated.
- SMP reclaimable by employer 33 1
- AWeb - download file 149 3
- Charity work 224 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 219 6
- Director Drawings 127 5
- Accounts Software 83 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,672 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 253 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 216 7
- HMRC Agents Line 175 3
- Collection or business assets 93 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 257 8
- Company Director In Prison 420 10
- Tax position re this lease? 366 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 716 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 98 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,668 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 87 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 342 5
- pension paid by company? 332 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 512
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 201