I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 93 8
- Amortisation of Goodwill 236 1
- You know its over 75 2
- Cocaine anyone? 370 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 372 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 370 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 615 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 497 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 514 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 33 1
- Personal pension 381 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 207 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,187 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 878 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 92 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,498 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 302 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 504 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 469 9
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 420
- Advice - 257
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 162
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 161