I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Tax - Paying Yearly 27 2
- Anyone using PracticePA? 201 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 382 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 256 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 59 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 159 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 199 2
- converting garage to use as office 248 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 641 13
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 115 1
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 115 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 322 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,160 11
- Strike off 422 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 135 2
- auto enrolment 277 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 317 6
- Private use of vans 159 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 702 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,162 92
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 373
- Any thoughts on Capium? 324
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 291
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 225
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 158