I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- VAT - Medical Staff 156 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,110 13
- Really?! 790 10
- CIS 185 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,158 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,369 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 644 15
- VAT 701/49 query 218 2
- backpack 286 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 148 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 236 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 342 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 192 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 353 5
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 153 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 190 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 119 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 250 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 462 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 902 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 439
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 355
- Costly Accounting Software contract 310
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 252
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 202