I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 559 13
- Vat threshold issues 90 2
- Growing pains 353 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 235 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 64 1
- Consequential loss claim 112 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 188 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 116 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 104 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 331 5
- private to company car? 185 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 953 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 582 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 144 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 228 1
- Partner with an IVA 168 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 592 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 419 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 311 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 233 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 457
- CTA study material 416
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 302
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 282
- Pre incorp expenses 273
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 244
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 209
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 177