I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 728 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,144 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 694 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 50 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 244 8
- recompense capital input 187 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 102 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 222 2
- CT losses carry back 88 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 546 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 153 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 759 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 416 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,270 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 135 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 183 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 226 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 989 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 207 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 256 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 562
- Pensions Regulator 454
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 330
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 299
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183