I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 143 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 175 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,216 35
- Mortgage Reference 529 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 230 7
- Insovent companies 881 19
- New Build 188 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,294 48
- BrightPay quirks 201 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 158 1
- Personal Tax 628 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 177 1
- USA Tax Query 301 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 437 5
- last minute request 653 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 350 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 387 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6