I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 444 5
- See you all on the other side 609 6
- 12Pay 322 2
- dividends 436 2
- R&D 241 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,114 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 310 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 271 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 497 5
- Seeking a tax case 548 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 416 4
- Companies house strike off 389 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 310 2
- Moving to the cloud 694 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 195 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 839 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,061 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 441 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 541
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- USA help 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 265
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226