I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,822 27
- Fee base v staff ratio 204 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 295 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 197 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 61 1
- Investor exit 179 3
- Partially exempt? 354 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 105 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 383 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,177 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 363 4
- Cash basis 395 10
- Statutory sick pay 229 3
- Overseas bank interest 218 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 160 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 358 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 218 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 311 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,950 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,424 12
- Skandia using wrong address 553
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 297
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 296
- Employee rewards 282
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 258
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 246
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 235
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 218
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 143