I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- how do i get UTR 72 2
- Input VAT suffered in EU 54 2
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 50 1
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 207 3
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 99 1
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 276 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 79 1
- Your comments please 282 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 301 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 169 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 94 2
- EIS 188 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 82 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 93 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 103 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 104 1
- CGT history of shares 150 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 701 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 194 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 129 2
- Moving away from CCH software 962
- QROP pension input amounts 448
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 392
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 374
- fraud 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 270
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 238
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 218
- Out of time or not? 202