I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Knuckle down one week to go! 631 12
- New HMRC website 26 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 228 9
- Online registration of share scheme 54 1
- client can't/won't pay 976 17
- Worried over stock value 315 9
- Use of home deduction 83 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 247 10
- Backdate C79? 202 4
- Insolvent company in process of strike off 47 1
- Goodwill adjustment 84 1
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 83 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 297 5
- Company dividends 159 7
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 275 8
- state pension statement 424 7
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 231 6
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 110 1
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,351 25
- SA1 Online 164 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 837
- Copy Wanted 565
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 515
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 497
- Latest phishing scam 362
- Entrepreneurs' relief 339
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 299
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 294
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 286
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 192