I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- What are options for non CA firm 2,632 57
- Is this a scam? 742 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,528 41
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 110 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 319 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 229 5
- New company - form a group? 151 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 169 4
- PITA client 198 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 360 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,309 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 738 15
- Dividend dates 486 8
- R&D tax credit claim 211 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 109 1
- is this fraud? 785 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 493 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,534 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 225 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 182
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 175
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 153