I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Regular Director bonus 85 2
- FreeAgent question 194 4
- AAT or ATT 304 3
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 244 5
- Goodie bag 1,968 60
- Practising options 373 4
- Accts software 279 3
- CIS monthly returns 273 6
- Corporation Tax Software 189 4
- Games Tax Relief 115 2
- Payroll year end - P11d and optional declarations 94 1
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 335 9
- Fair Value Accounting 155 3
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 251 4
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 258 6
- Formating cells in Excel 775 7
- Apostille documents 196 4
- Do sole traders qualify for tax relief at source on pension contributions? 242 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,508 88
- Husband Wife let property 404 11
- Possible Partnership? 657
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 526
- New Fangled Penalties 456
- Fuming! 411
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 322
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 264
- Outsource Data Entry 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 241
- Moving away from CCH software 236
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 181