I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 136 3
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 185 14
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 87 1
- Invoice Help 222 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 147 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 225 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 218 3
- Sorry ignore me 891 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 568 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,938 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,250 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 795 20
- VAT & capitalising 85 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 339 5
- Free Shares ? 244 2
- Is this a scam? 564 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 296 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 279 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 151 1
- Peer to Peer lending 870 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 624
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 530
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 284
- Cancelled 244
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 191
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 189
- Probiz 170
- What's the market like for temps? 165
- Married woman dies owning marital home 165