I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- When to include value of import in Box 7 66 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 166 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 308 7
- Capital gain? 84 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,252 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 274 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 352 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 417 8
- vat help for catering concession 276 10
- IHT dilemma 1,157 17
- Tax return software for remote working 234 3
- CGT 338 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 323 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 112 2
- Compliance check 517 13
- sole trader accountant 795 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 406 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 606 21
- More AE! 511 11
- How to classify an asset 167 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,085
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 466
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 223
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 209
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 153