I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,194 19
- husband and wife dividends 380 11
- Value pricing 2,650 102
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 127 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 293 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 64 2
- LLP members share of profits 552 31
- VAT Registration 306 4
- VAT Option to tax 416 13
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 142 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 186 5
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 261 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,170 26
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 105 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 68 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,994 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 162 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 96 2
- Business travel apps 155 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 101 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 901
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 633
- Director Loan account operation 392
- Free Tax Legislation? 391
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 313
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 312
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 176