I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,003 41
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 475 4
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 193 2
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 49 1
- Joint Property rent 127 3
- Self assesment losses 229 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 175 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 195 1
- Fee protection 836 16
- Overdrawn DLA 232 9
- Disposal of an opted property 127 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 232 5
- Irish Taxation 81 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,106 31
- CIS monthly declaration 190 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 353 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 127 3
- Companies House incorporation service 471 14
- Electronic v printed payslips 138 1
- Where to advertise for staff 217 5
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 221
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Investment 202
- Tax on damages received 170
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 157