I have completely confused myself on what expenses are tax deductable when a director has restaurant expenses.
Here are the 3 scenarios - I have for a director with a limited company;
1) The director travels away a lot abroad so he stays in hotels and has a meal there - I think this is the most straight-forward and I can class this as travel expenses?
2) The director entertains potential clients - is this classed as entertaining or is it tax deductable as he is trying to find new business for the company?
3) The director goes out with a colleague while abroad on work and pays the full bill - is this classed as entertaining or tax deductable as he is away?
I would really appreciate a bit of guidance as I have now completely confused myself!
- Do I need to pay my accountant 815 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,090 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 100 1
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 640 20
- Audit 82 1
- carry back of gift aid 167 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 290 8
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 471 13
- Awkward IP 1,153 12
- What's in a name ? 936 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 842 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 175 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 553 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 230 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 378 6
- Potentially dodgy client 396 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 559 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 455 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 399 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 543 23
- CTA study material 782
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 425
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 264
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 200
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 151