Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 8 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 69 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 85 1
- Clients 52 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 280 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 151 2
- Client's company struck off 669 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 106 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 104 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 198 3
- Newly Started Practice 316 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 166 4
- error on companies house accounts 252 6
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 152 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 147 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 210 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 105 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 172 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 246 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 370 6
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 263
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 184
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 169