Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Property expense - legal fees 48 1
- Accounting for a VAT Group 75 2
- OBK 76 3
- Research expenses for authors 209 4
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 750 16
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 113 2
- Company Loan to associated company 33 1
- Dormant Company 70 2
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 137 5
- CLG exempt under s60 147 3
- Late VAT registration penalty 161 4
- Auto-Enrolment 3,318 159
- How to consolidate an LLP? 222 7
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 184 4
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 527 2
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 92 2
- HMRC website 138 1
- VAT 75 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 384 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 136 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 504
- Skandia using wrong address 452
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 243
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 210
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 189
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 184
- Etax Australian 154