Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- corp tax software 1,032 14
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 295 13
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 423 6
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 159 4
- PRR 456 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 79 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 232 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 300 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 209 2
- cross border vat 119 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,922 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 782 17
- Can't read my handwriting 637 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,656 74
- Employing a carer 134 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 536 16
- Corp Tax Refund 176 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 408 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 286 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 100 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,374
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 520
- National Insurance 417
- Non Resident 322
- Hands on experience of Digita 245
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 228
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 187
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 151