Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Foreign national, UK resident 123 1
- Director leaving in month 1 246 5
- Secondment expenses 192 6
- Basic RTI - how to re-enter lost data? 82 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 326 7
- Strategic Report 76 1
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 169 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 137 3
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 195 6
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,385 22
- VAT Option to tax 506 18
- Clarify the tax position 85 1
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 139 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 247 6
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 336 4
- CIS and Close Company 157 5
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 221 4
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 87 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 373 8
- Giving advice to friends / family 173 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 918
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 417
- Director Loan account operation 410
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 357
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 324
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 199
- Pension Fixed Protection 164