Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- xerocon 181 6
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 143 3
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 907 15
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 251 9
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 33 1
- PAYE 275 8
- Personal Allowance for non residents 401 9
- Is appointing liquidators necessary when closing down a company with large reserve balances 273 5
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 246 6
- Employment Allowance 206 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 215 6
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 257 5
- Backdating VAT claim 107 2
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,442 23
- Flat rate vat on sales commissions 173 3
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,531 40
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 554 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,158 11
- Online Backup 117 2
- repairs and/or improvements 164 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 663
- Auto enrolment excuses 538
- Removed post 378
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 352
- Social investment tax relief 166
- Call Centre Data Costs 165
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 159
- Digita Hosted Software 153
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 146
- option to tax 130