Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- pre letting expenses 134 2
- Expat working back in UK 71 3
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 165 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 62 1
- Charge out rates in London? 106 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 390 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 265 6
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 463 14
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 81 3
- change of paye software 502 13
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 273 5
- Which software for practice books? 460 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 229 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 526 2
- share capital calculation 254 14
- Dispensation pointless ? 192 3
- Renting property to yourself 455 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,970 51
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 178 4
- Pension contributions limits 262 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 727
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 474
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 289
- How to format a stock book 250
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 206
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 202
- Tax efficient holding company structure 190
- Investment property company accounts template 185
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 178
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 162