Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 26 1
- Gifting shares 218 4
- VAT Registration 362 17
- Holding companies 89 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 624 5
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 46 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 163 9
- VAT on motor expenses 835 30
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 143 4
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 168 5
- What does it mean?? 97 1
- A question about share structure 161 2
- VAT & Landlords 93 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 186 2
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 322 5
- Rent paid by director 70 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 108 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 424 13
- Builder using cash labour 337 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 771 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,520
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 455
- NOVA 313
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 196
- Bonus Bonds 195
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 193
- Management expenses for investment company 188
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165