Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 441 7
- Company assets 268 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,005 12
- Director resignation 699 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,765 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 92 1
- CIS Only Scheme 65 1
- No payroll scheme in place 332 1
- Xero Training 379 3
- SA Penalty 216 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 231 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 70 1
- The stupidity continues 2,794 103
- Company oversea and VAT 171 7
- Am I too soft? 1,068 14
- looking for a practice consultant 374 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 187 2
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 440 11
- Small Business Payroll 193 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 243 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- Is there anything wrong with this? 275
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 180
- Accrued income scheme 176
- VAT - registration needed? 171
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 170