Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,379 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 334 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 578 11
- calculate mortgage interest 108 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 203 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 585 27
- Depreciation 155 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 133 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 224 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 179 3
- client can't/won't pay 449 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 203 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 256 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 269 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,194 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 274 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 216 5
- HMRC SA software error? 186 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 177 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 791
- Copy Wanted 505
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 463
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 456
- Latest phishing scam 293
- Entrepreneurs' relief 282
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 255
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 244
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 239