Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 693 9
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 142 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 925 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,658 49
- Allocation of income from property 374 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 108 1
- bookkeeping system 302 5
- Outstanding Loans 81 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 172 5
- Business trips - director and family 111 1
- Company van paid by director 186 2
- Private company division 195 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 230 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 376 9
- US share sale - income or capital 99 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,423 12
- flat rate scheme 1,115 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 156 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 247 2
- Before I call employers helpline 342 2