Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 37 2
- CT600 90 3
- CIS software 31 1
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 143 7
- Settlement discount 102 4
- Homing sandwiches 415 10
- signature required 478 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 504 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 171 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 160 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 109 2
- Pratice Management Software 93 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 200 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 121 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 184 2
- Related Party Transactions 114 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 100 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 758 13
- More AE! 764 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,239
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 519
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 310
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 191
- TheTax Donut 178
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 157
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157