Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Business only use of company car 227 6
- Dividend Tax Petition 314 4
- Buying a business premises in a pension 188 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 175 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 474 9
- Going through security 260 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 463 17
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 227 1
- Bank reconciliation 267 8
- Practice software 665 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 337 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 278 5
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 166 2
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 250 7
- Goodwill on incorporation 506 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 356 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 211 2
- Retail business software/accounting system 139 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 206 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 117 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 225
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 212
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 200
- Web site and client access area advice 183
- Expenses Software 180
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 170
- Any thoughts on Capium? 165
- CTA Material 163
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 161