Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 933 16
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,159 29
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 139 1
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 102 2
- Question regarding gym training 298 4
- CIS Deductions 214 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 103 2
- is this fraud? 612 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,326 27
- Not a good start no broadband 370 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 404 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 625 10
- Property initial recognition 147 2
- P11D Dispensation 221 3
- CPD 120 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 428 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 151 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 192 4
- Directors Subsistence 401 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 217 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 569
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 325
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- Car leasing scheme 161
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 149