Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Enforcing A CCJ 298 7
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 113 4
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 299 6
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 151 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 268 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 107 2
- Director's tax return 359 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 163 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,095 34
- Flat rate vat 191 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Coming in from the cold 348 3
- Splitting the tax year 169 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 206 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 172 4
- Submitting tax return 184 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170