Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 97 5
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 214 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 454 13
- Your fondest calculator memories 841 32
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 183 5
- Capital or revenue expense? 164 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 253 11
- Vat threshold issues 345 9
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 162 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 654 13
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 330 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 820 12
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 719 15
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 864 18
- Who can I refer leads to? 500 11
- Quickbooks Online stock 35 1
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 173 4
- Growing pains 446 8
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 437 7
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 221 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 459
- CTA study material 433
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 307
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 292
- Pre incorp expenses 285
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 249
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 237
- Slight twist on employment related securities 215
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 197
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 186