Retail sector anomaly – just how bad are things?
By most accounts January was a disastrous month for retail with three major brands collapsing into administration. However the British Retail Consortium (BRC) reported this week that retail sales grew last month - up 1.9% compared with the same time last year.
Was it the Christmas and January sales season of doom, or was it really not that bad on the High Street?
If you have retail clients, what has been their experience over the last few months?
What observations would you make?
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 13 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 214 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,212 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 343 6
- Go Cardless 368 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 305 3
- Mehjoo 321 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 108 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 367 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 188 4
- SA302 328 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 286 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 214 4
- Hmrc software 249 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 173 1
- Hosted email exchange 188 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 378 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 325 13
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 207
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 204
- Domain name sale and limited company 178
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151