We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- transitioning payroll 145 4
- Legal title not in the company name 157 9
- VAT - Recharge 52 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,529 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 146 3
- Deduction from Salary 184 5
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,734 30
- Car financed by employee 182 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 110 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 619 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 155 3
- Dividend payment date 2,189 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 152 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 172 2
- One off meeting new client 1,426 13
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 304 6
- Child tax credits 230 4
- Car leasing scheme 226 1
- 12 Pay Problems 189 2
- PITA client 571 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 303
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 276
- Probiz 267
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 220
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 197
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 169