We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 50 1
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 298 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 178 3
- looking for a practice consultant 148 2
- The stupidity continues 1,437 73
- Withdrawing company car 113 1
- AML report needed? 181 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 231 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 86 1
- transactions after account have been closed 314 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 81 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 394 9
- Marketing and email surprises 452 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 769 26
- What is IRIS World like? 413 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 330 5
- Mlom bollocks 270 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 117 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 446
- WIP Software 309
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 295
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 237
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 217
- Is there anything wrong with this? 212
- Small Part Disposal of Property 202
- Uncommercial property business 190