We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- Partnership returns software 107 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 813 18
- Tasks for new trainees 164 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 281 10
- VAT on garage rent 144 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 95 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 168 3
- Property scam victim 321 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 249 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 62 1
- Have i messed up? 757 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 425 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 61 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 116 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 76 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 84 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 577 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 109 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,657 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 272 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,096
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 578
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 384
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 190
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 163
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 156