We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- Xero Pain Points 60 4
- Small hotel - food for personal use 27 1
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 750 18
- VAT - How hard is it? 167 8
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,433 17
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 30 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 188 5
- The importance of Grammar 706 20
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 361 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,501 53
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 83 1
- Is this dodgy? 734 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 134 5
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,263 15
- Capital Allowances on new property 106 5
- Trustees waiving dividend 71 1
- Directors loan balance write off in period 434 21
- Education - Pre made assembly! 198 2
- Childcare 220 3
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 186 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 355
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 289
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 275
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 273
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 263
- Electric Car 218
- S222 Charge 197
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 190
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 187
- Company Structure 168