We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- Worried over stock value 393 13
- Use of home deduction 205 8
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,281 78
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 55 3
- Does anyone know the phone number for Bootle compliance? 36 1
- Mortgage Repayment Sale of Property 103 4
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 170 5
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 734 22
- Self assessment help 72 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,194 21
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 89 3
- is PMI for directors and families 49 1
- Self Assessment Penalties 113 4
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 793 30
- Insolvent company in process of strike off 117 2
- STUDENT LOAN 174 2
- US-UK pension problem 77 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 865 20
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 91 1
- Non resident income. 87 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 839
- Copy Wanted 571
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 518
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 502
- Latest phishing scam 368
- Entrepreneurs' relief 344
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 305
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 295
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 288
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 197