We've looked into the various ways of facilitating the purchase of the departing shareholder shares and have considered a company purchase of own shares, for which I think we satisfy all of the conditions and I'm confident we could get approval for the capital method to apply.
My question is this, whilst we can see how this benefits the seller as the capital method will result in a much lesser tax bill than the distribution method, what are the benefits to us, the remaining shareholders?
Is there any reason why a company purchase of own shares would be more beneficial to us that us buying the shares from the departing shareholders as individuals?
Other than the logistics of having to find the money to do so, is there any tax benefit to it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given.
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 488 8
- Seeking advice: Retired self employed working from home 279 3
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 294 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 214 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 129 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 930 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 261 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 943 14
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 184 4
- Client right to working papers 1,548 11
- vat gross margins 192 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 217 4
- e mail 234 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,360 6
- VAT on new build property 168 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 166 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,639 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,883 22
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 371
- vat gross profit percentage margins 368
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 285
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 245
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215