Retrospective capital allowance claim on commercial property | AccountingWEB

Retrospective capital allowance claim on commercial property

I have a client that has several investment properties and we have recently engaged the services of firm of Chartered Quantity Surveyors in order to perform a capital allowances review on these properties. The report has identified a significant value of expenditure on items qualifying as plant and machinery. My questions are:

  • In order to claim these capital allowances, do I have to resubmit corporation tax returns and computations, for each of the years in which expenditure was incurred? If not, what is the best way to do this?
  • I understand that there have been changes in legislation regarding capital allowances on commercial property, effective from April 2012. Will this affect the claim?



There are 6 comments. Login or register to view them.

Tax Adjusters -run by an Accountant for Accountants

malcolmrichards |


cparker87 |

Spot on

malcolmrichards |


recoup |
recoup's picture

Capital Allowances Claims

plummy1 |
plummy1's picture

Visit www.commercial

QuantitySurveyor |
QuantitySurveyor's picture