Revenue determinations and reducing payment on account
Tax payer is late in submitting his 2006/07 return. The last date for submission would have been four years from tax year end, which would have fallen on 5.4.2011.
No determinations were issued, but only payments on account were requested based on previous year’s liability. If Revenue were to issue determinations, this should have been done within 3 years after the normal filing deadline (31.1.11) which has passed as well.
We are just wondering whether it will be possible to request reduction in payment on account now? We realize that the deadline for requesting reduction in payment on account is 31 Jan following the tax year. The reason being that there are no taxable profits in the year, based on the accounts which have been recently completed. If HMRC were to ask for evidence, tax payer can provide the same. Would this approach be accepted, or will they refuse it simply because it is out of time?
Is there any other remedy? Any views will be appreciated.
- Xerocon 2016 820 13
- Personal Tax 202 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,865 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 240 2
- Mortgage Reference 173 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 157 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,178 45
- Practical experience 851 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 434 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 221 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 189 1
- last minute request 296 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 86 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 465 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 131 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 282 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 670 6