Revenue determinations and reducing payment on account
Tax payer is late in submitting his 2006/07 return. The last date for submission would have been four years from tax year end, which would have fallen on 5.4.2011.
No determinations were issued, but only payments on account were requested based on previous year’s liability. If Revenue were to issue determinations, this should have been done within 3 years after the normal filing deadline (31.1.11) which has passed as well.
We are just wondering whether it will be possible to request reduction in payment on account now? We realize that the deadline for requesting reduction in payment on account is 31 Jan following the tax year. The reason being that there are no taxable profits in the year, based on the accounts which have been recently completed. If HMRC were to ask for evidence, tax payer can provide the same. Would this approach be accepted, or will they refuse it simply because it is out of time?
Is there any other remedy? Any views will be appreciated.
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 224 2
- Payment on account reminders 130 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,745 26
- Allocation of income from property 665 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 396 10
- CTA 256 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 354 11
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 125 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 47 1
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 771 22
- Time values in Excel 160 3
- No more tax returns... 1,391 12
- bookkeeping system 564 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 180 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 231 6
- International VAT 131 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 659 9
- Insurance payout 151 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 539 11
- RTI / P11d 193 2