Reverse charge on EU services from non-VAT registered supplier?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
To put this in a scenario UK resident VAT registered company 'A' receives a supply of legal services from German resident NON-VAT registered sole trader 'B'. Does 'A' have to account for the supply of services from 'B' under the reverse charge rules?
My understanding is the reverse charge mechanism does not apply to zero-rated or exempt services, but would like clarity on non-registered non-UK suppliers. I expect 'A' does not have to but would appreciate the input (and any links if possible!).
- Website Content 12 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,261 46
- Mortgage Reference 448 5
- Xerocon 2016 1,136 30
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 745 16
- Personal Tax 593 12
- New Build 124 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 96 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 122 1
- USA Tax Query 268 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 414 5
- last minute request 619 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 316 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 351 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,716 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 977 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 392 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 632 18
- Corrupt Excel File 695 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,009 43