Reverse charge on EU services from non-VAT registered supplier?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
To put this in a scenario UK resident VAT registered company 'A' receives a supply of legal services from German resident NON-VAT registered sole trader 'B'. Does 'A' have to account for the supply of services from 'B' under the reverse charge rules?
My understanding is the reverse charge mechanism does not apply to zero-rated or exempt services, but would like clarity on non-registered non-UK suppliers. I expect 'A' does not have to but would appreciate the input (and any links if possible!).
- Networking 250 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,189 33
- VAT refund 244 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 241 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 276 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 76 1
- incorrect old p60 493 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 208 2
- Turnover on a tax return 398 9
- IT Contractor 271 1
- Sage instant account codes 157 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 254 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,958 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 325 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 294 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 415 4
- Inflation and fees 1,428 24